Hail Drakkarim

Discuss Mongoose RPGs here, such as the OGL rulebooks, Jeremiah, Armageddon 2089 and Macho Women with Guns
Wannabe Drakkar
Mongoose

Hail Drakkarim

Postby Wannabe Drakkar » Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:43 am

Ok, this thread is dedicated to our beautiful fiendish mates, the almighty drakkarim
first thing I would like to bring up about them:
what do they call themselves? Drakkarim? thats a darkling word though because -im as plural is a darkling rule... I know the giaks call themselves the shegodim, so surely the Drakkarim have a name for themselves?
Banedon: Grand Master Wannabe Drakkar? what are you and your acolytes doing with those bor rifles?
GMWD: well Guildmaster Banedon, when we Drakkarim find Lone Wolf we're gunna Dakka Dakka 'im
DuskFox
Mongoose

Postby DuskFox » Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:16 pm

I'm guessing it probably is Drakkarim, but this is for lack of evidence of any other name.
Balgin Stondraeg
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Balgin Stondraeg » Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:31 pm

Drakkarim always sounded plural to me (with Drakkar being singular). But then isn't darkkar (or drakkr) Old Norse for Dragon? (Or something very close to it).
Balgin Stondraeg, proud member of Clan Stondraeg, son of Guthram, husband of Urwena, brother to Hengrek, Murnak and Dradan. Father of Cigfa. Miserable old fool to disrespectful friends.
Wannabe Drakkar
Mongoose

Postby Wannabe Drakkar » Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:33 am

yes drakkar is single and drakkarim plural, but my point is that accordinf to how to speak giak (found in the magnamund companion) -im is a plural suffix in the giak language, why dont the drakkarim have their own language?? theyre the coolest, and the universal balance's answer to the shianti i might add, i personally feel the drakkarim are a very neglected race (in terms of author's attention not by lord naar :P )
yes drake, draco, dragon, drakkar all sounds the same doesnt it?
btw does anyone know much of the drakkar god? is it naar wearing a mask? (sorry, i read WAY too much pratchett)
Banedon: Grand Master Wannabe Drakkar? what are you and your acolytes doing with those bor rifles?
GMWD: well Guildmaster Banedon, when we Drakkarim find Lone Wolf we're gunna Dakka Dakka 'im
columbob
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby columbob » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:32 pm

Wannabe Drakkar wrote: yes drake, draco, dragon, drakkar all sounds the same doesnt it?
The Viking longboats were called Drakkar.
Up the Irons!
Wannabe Drakkar
Mongoose

Postby Wannabe Drakkar » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:49 am

then perhaps the drakkarim are the true heirs of nyxator? ok it was a joke stop pummeling me senseless now, please!