Dredd: Bad Moon Rising

Discuss Mongoose RPGs here, such as the OGL rulebooks, Jeremiah, Armageddon 2089 and Macho Women with Guns
chooban
Cub

Dredd: Bad Moon Rising

Postby chooban » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:20 am

I'm pretty new to the world of GMing, and I'm planning on running the Bad Moon Rising campaign with my group over the next few, well, probably months. At the moment though, there's one point I've got to in my reading which I'm having an issue with.

When the judges investigate Bennetti's death, they might learn about Aiken Moon at that point. Certainly, the subsequent questioning of Anji Karter is all focused on Moon (if she was rescued from the kidnap then maybe she would spill the beans, but that's another if) and yet finding the information seems really difficult as it's locked behind an encrypted journal and the names have been changed in the journal entry. When reading the reasoning for the name "Drum" (a connection to Aiken Drum, the man in the moon), I was scratching my head to remember that tale myself, so don't want to rely on my players knowing it.

In order to lead them to Anji Karter, I was planning on producing a printout of Bennetti's clients which would include her name in the hope that they would see the anagram connection, but leading them to Moon is more difficult.

Since some knowledge of Moon at this point is crucial (even if it's just DiMaggio hauling them into the office to say "Drop it"), has anyone put the information in the path of their players in a different way?

Addendum: Of course, I then get to the next page in my reading and discover that DiMaggio spells it out for them if need be, but I'd still like to try and get an inkling of bad judge involvement in there a bit earlier.
havercake lad
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Re: Dredd: Bad Moon Rising

Postby havercake lad » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:08 am

Maybe Psi Division passes on a vision one of its operatives (running on 66.72% accuracy this year) had that concerned one of the Judges, ideally one of the team who knows a Psi Judge.

The vision is a distorted version of the possible conclusion of page 85 to 86. It discribes a view of stars above the head of the Judge and then moves rapidly towards the silver orb of the moon, breaking up into tumbling, prysmatic fragments as the moon beyond these shards gets bigger and bigger.. the Psi mentions a raging wind and cold before the stress and discomfort jerks him/her out of the trance.

Perhaps the Psi event muttered, "The moon..the moon..."

Maybe.. the Psi sees a Judge badge, reflecting the silvery lunar light which fades to show the badge's name is unreadable due to a deep tarnishing of the metal?

Computer searches on the word moon that also involve drum will produce the word Aiken.
chooban
Cub

Postby chooban » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:31 am

That's fantastic! I've probably got a few sessions before they get to the point of maybe needing a hint, but if they do then I'll use this. It also gives me an opportunity to introduce a Psi NPC.
havercake lad
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby havercake lad » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:24 pm

Feel free to guest star the Psi Judge Theresa Morgan who I wrote up in Go Find the Lady in Signs and Portents.
chooban
Cub

Postby chooban » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:46 am

Which would then lead nicely into running that story during BMR.