Point Of No Return?

Discuss Mongoose RPGs here, such as the OGL rulebooks, Jeremiah, Armageddon 2089 and Macho Women with Guns
MrFilthyIke
Mongoose

Postby MrFilthyIke » Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:38 pm

msprange wrote:Centauri will over run, as it is still awaiting approval at Warner Brothers. Narn, with the best will in the world, will likely suffer the same fate.
Matt,

You guys have always been honest, and I like that. If every book requires WB approval, then I'll give you silence about delays, as I doubt WB could approve a haircut in less than a month's time. ;)

Keep up the good work, even if I cry when I see the Mongoose hardcover prices (darn currency conversion). :D
Shane Murphy
mrfilthyike AT gmail DOT com
August
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby August » Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:02 pm

That, rbax, was definitely something I knew Matthew would call you on. Even when we do not immediately respond to something, we ~never~ ignore the forums. The Cybernet errata is proof of that, as is our continued reliance on this medium to ensure that we are satisfying customer demands.

Please keep in mind that while it may only take a few seconds to type up a post and get it on the web, it is not quite so instantaneous to get people to read it. We have a lot to do around here at Mongoose Publishing, so if we take a bit to get back to people, well... :)

Speaking of which, I should get back to writing as well.

-August
"This is a blanket apology to every god I can think of and all the ones I don't know. I have no idea what I did or in which life I did it, but I am really sorry. Ummm, my bad."
Greg Smith
Warlord Mongoose

Postby Greg Smith » Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:43 pm

MrFilthyIke wrote:If every book requires WB approval, then I'll give you silence about delays, as I doubt WB could approve a haircut in less than a month's time. ;)
Hopefully it won't take as long as it took Fox to okay the Angel RPG. (5 months).
"Bringer of Warmth, Carrier of Carrion, Prophet of Dilgarness, Speaker of all thing Llort!"

Part-time Narn.

ACTA playtester
Victorious Grand Admiral
CARTMAG
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby CARTMAG » Sat Jan 10, 2004 4:46 am

who knows its a major studio.... sometimes it takes them days sometimes months thats the problem with a major licence like B5....
in the immortal words of Socraties "I drank what?"
rbax
Banded Mongoose

Postby rbax » Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:41 pm

Point of No Return will be out in stores in less than a fortnight. Centauri will over run, as it is still awaiting approval at Warner Brothers. Narn, with the best will in the world, will likely suffer the same fate.
Drat! I'm really looking forward to the Centauri Book.
After that, we should be square with you guys. I can only hope you believe the books are worth it when they actually come out. . .
In that reguard there should be no worries since it all is really interesting stuff. Don't always agree with some interpretations and directions taken but I do read it all and use most of it. And I'll certainly keep snapping everything up.
That, rbax, was definitely something I knew Matthew would call you on.
I'm not sure what I got called on but OK.
Even when we do not immediately respond to something, we ~never~ ignore the forums. The Cybernet errata is proof of that, as is our continued reliance on this medium to ensure that we are satisfying customer demands.
"Never" is not what I said or intended. "Timely" is what I meant and intended. How long since its been known that last months Point of No Return was going to be late this month. Update the website every two weeks or some such. Put last months Point of No Return in this month and this months Centauri into next month. Its the truth and its not a major change.

As for Cybernet....I wouldn't know. Its not my interest and thus I have observed none of the threads. I'm only into Babylon 5 and potentially Conan and thus am basing all observations on that, which is why I'm discussing this in the Babylon 5 Forum rather than the General Forum.

Here's hoping that the Narn book it on schedule.

--- Rich
August
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby August » Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:38 pm

You got called on the sentence, "I'll keep calling Mongoose on it and they'll keep ignoring me." :)

-August
"This is a blanket apology to every god I can think of and all the ones I don't know. I have no idea what I did or in which life I did it, but I am really sorry. Ummm, my bad."
rbax
Banded Mongoose

Postby rbax » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:55 pm

You got called on the sentence, "I'll keep calling Mongoose on it and they'll keep ignoring me."

-August
And so I did. I stand called.

--- Rich
rook111
Mongoose

Its Here!!

Postby rook111 » Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:20 am

Got Mine Today Wa Hoo!!!

I'have only bee able to skim it but from what I have seen it is good.

:D Anla'shok have been given a full 10 levels for the prestige class and the added levels really make the difference.

Thank You, August and all the rest of you Mongooses too.
MrFilthyIke
Mongoose

Re: Its Here!!

Postby MrFilthyIke » Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:09 am

rook111 wrote:Mongooses too.
Is it Mongooses? Or Mongeeses? :D
Shane Murphy
Zathras
Shrew

Zathras pick up new book today.

Postby Zathras » Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:12 am

Zathras purchased new book today but can not find Zathras stats anywhere. Zathras sees stats for The One who was, The One who is and The One who will be, but not for Zathras. Zathras can never have anything nice. Zathras important part of Babylon 5 story but Zathras left out of new book. Zathras have sad life with no stats. Probably have sad death but at least there is symetry.
Last edited by Zathras on Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrFilthyIke
Mongoose

Postby MrFilthyIke » Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:41 am

:lol:

That was great!!

:D
Shane Murphy
Greg Smith
Warlord Mongoose

Postby Greg Smith » Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:25 am

Poor Zathras. :cry: :cry:

:lol: :lol:
"Bringer of Warmth, Carrier of Carrion, Prophet of Dilgarness, Speaker of all thing Llort!"

Part-time Narn.

ACTA playtester
Victorious Grand Admiral
Zathras
Shrew

Postby Zathras » Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:46 pm

Zathras oldest living caretaker of Great Machine. 110 years old. Zathras gets no respect but Zathras is used to it. He has even grown to like it.
CARTMAG
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby CARTMAG » Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:51 am

now heres a Question about Zathras... what race was he, was there mother exactly like all other Zathras or do they just spontaniously bud.... LOL......
Zathras
Shrew

Postby Zathras » Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:28 am

Zathras could be a clone. Who knows what else is on Epsilon 3 in the Great Machine. There are 10 Zathras's...well, 9 now.
CARTMAG
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby CARTMAG » Sat Jan 24, 2004 8:07 pm

actualy why does it scare me... the idea that Zathras could be a clone....
Babylon 5 Aide
Banded Mongoose

Postby Babylon 5 Aide » Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:59 am

I DEFINITLY like the anla'shok prestige class! Much better with 10 levels
What do you mean you need a container marked 'Vorlon bacterial waste'? And you need it delievered where? Ok ok ok yeah I know someone that can make it happen...
ronbogard
Banded Mongoose

Postby ronbogard » Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:49 am

I have had my copy on pre-order from my local game store for months now and so far he has not gotten it in yet. I should have ordered it online like all the rest of the B5 PRG line I did.
MrFilthyIke
Mongoose

Postby MrFilthyIke » Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:51 pm

Got my Point of no return....NEED....MORE....CRUNCH.....

Guess I gotta wait for the Narn. :)
Shane Murphy
Chobbly
Banded Mongoose

Postby Chobbly » Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:21 pm

MrFilthyIke wrote:Got my Point of no return....NEED....MORE....CRUNCH.....

Guess I gotta wait for the Narn. :)
Shame Entil'Zha Sinclair wasn't in the book, but I guess he belongs in the Ranger book, being kind of important to the Anla-Shok and all that 8) . Still, it was nice to see the stats for B4, mainly because I didn't expect them. I always wondered about running a time travel / Valen era campaign.

The Anla-Shok prestige class does feel better at ten levels. I was initally a little puzzled at Marcus having the soldier class as his base class (he was with the EarthForce Information Gathering divisions during the E-M war, and hated being in EarthForce), but I guess it makes him hard as nails.

Still, another good buy. Now all I have to do is visualise the moment I'm standing in my local games shop, hopefully this year, holding a copy of the Anla Shok Fact Book in my paws :-)