[CONAN] Question. Armor taken from the dead?

Discuss Mongoose RPGs here, such as the OGL rulebooks, Jeremiah, Armageddon 2089 and Macho Women with Guns
Supplement Four
Cosmic Mongoose

[CONAN] Question. Armor taken from the dead?

Postby Supplement Four » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:53 am

I'm curious. In real life, if a survivor picked over a battlefield of corpses, how likely is it that he'd find some good armor for himself?

I wondering this because, in my game, I've made armor pretty scarce up until this point. They're a group of barbarians, and intricate chain link isn't made in this part of the world. But, now, I'm thinking of making more of it available. They're going to have to take it off the dead.

Now, I realize that a lot of armor on a corpse will be bloodied and soaked with gore and most likely damaged--at least from the killing blow. But, if they find some acceptible armor on a corpse (maybe they guy died from a blow to the head), how likely is it that it will fit the PCs?

Very likely, unless their body sizes are very different?

Your thoughts?
Sigulf
Cub

Re: [CONAN] Question. Armor taken from the dead?

Postby Sigulf » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:35 pm

I'm running a one player Conan campaign for my wife. Her current character is a female Brythunian Sol 4. She was wearing a damaged mail hauberk (DR reduced to 4 from 6). She came across two NPC companions that had been separated from her and the Æsir barbarian that she was with. The two NPC companions, killed by a man-ape, were both Nemedian mercs (Sol 3). They each had mail hauberks.

When her character checked their armor, I rolled a die (50% chance) to see if the Nemedians' armor were damaged. They both were. Both of them reduced from DR 6 to DR 5. Her character swapped out one of the suits of armor.

I figured since her character was 5'10 and 150 lbs and the Nemedian mercs were both 6' & 180 lbs +/- the armor would fit, a little big - but not enough that she couldn't just cinch up the straps.
Supplement Four
Cosmic Mongoose

Re: [CONAN] Question. Armor taken from the dead?

Postby Supplement Four » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:42 pm

I thinke we're both thinking along the same lines. Just roleplay it out and use common sense. I might toss in a Search roll and let the dice decide, using a pretty high DC to cover damaged armor and armor that doesn't fit.