Mongoose deserves to be a commercial failure

Discuss Mongoose RPGs here, such as the OGL rulebooks, Jeremiah, Armageddon 2089 and Macho Women with Guns
FritzEger
Cub

Mongoose deserves to be a commercial failure

Postby FritzEger » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:09 pm

After yesterday's Lone Wolf announcement and the disgraceful way this company has behaved wrt taking people's money and not providing a product or refund I think they are a company in terminal decline. Sad but true.
Random Code
Banded Mongoose

Re: Mongoose deserves to be a commercial failure

Postby Random Code » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:20 pm

FritzEger wrote:After yesterday's Lone Wolf announcement and the disgraceful way this company has behaved wrt taking people's money and not providing a product or refund I think they are a company in terminal decline. Sad but true.
They are providing refunds. In fact they are offering more than one option. Seriously, engage your brain before you next post. Appreciate you may be mad and disappointed and upset but what you've posted above about them not offering refunds is just downright wrong. The other comments are petty and nasty.
auyl
Mongoose

Postby auyl » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:06 pm

Random Code wrote:
FritzEger wrote:After yesterday's Lone Wolf announcement and the disgraceful way this company has behaved wrt taking people's money and not providing a product or refund I think they are a company in terminal decline. Sad but true.
They are providing refunds. In fact they are offering more than one option. Seriously, engage your brain before you next post. Appreciate you may be mad and disappointed and upset but what you've posted above about them not offering refunds is just downright wrong. The other comments are petty and nasty.
I agree here. When I read the announcement I in no way got the impression that they were not offering refunds or compensation for those who had invested money in the LW line. Quite the opposite in fact. The comments are unneeded, saying the company needs to fail because of a statement that has no basis in fact is uncalled for.
Check out Solace Games website here!
Check Solace Games out on Facebook here!
WritingWolf
Banded Mongoose

Postby WritingWolf » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:18 pm

This subject is a bit harsh! We don't know the reasons for the cancellation of the line - I suspect we never will.

Yes I'm not happy about it, but we should see some refunds so that's better than nothing (such as Jessops, HMV, Woolworths, Blockbuster to name a few) AND the reprints are still being done for those who have ordered them.

I don't know about the rest of their lines, but the LW line has suffered quite a lot with several issues.

Anyway, this thread and forums will be closed soon. There is one positive from the whole "Mongoose Experiment" and that is that LW is alive again - such as the maps, the multiplayer books and the new solo gamebooks when they are released. Did we ever think of that happening back in 2000?