Ordering question re "Atlantean Ed" via amazon.ca

Discuss Mongoose RPGs here, such as the OGL rulebooks, Jeremiah, Armageddon 2089 and Macho Women with Guns
Gwarh
Shrew

Ordering question re "Atlantean Ed" via amazon.ca

Postby Gwarh » Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:13 am

I am looking to Order the Atlantean ed of the Conan Core rulebook via www.amazon.ca (canadian version of Amazon)

is there any way to tell what the version is that I am ordering online? Are the ISBN number sequences different? Did Mongoose recall the original edition and replaced the Amazon stock with the Atlantean editions? Is it just easier to order the product from Mongoose in England and have it shipped to Canada?

Re: Ordering question re "Atlantean Ed" via amazon

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:27 am

Gwarh wrote:I am looking to Order the Atlantean ed of the Conan Core rulebook via www.amazon.ca (canadian version of Amazon)

is there any way to tell what the version is that I am ordering online? Are the ISBN number sequences different? Did Mongoose recall the original edition and replaced the Amazon stock with the Atlantean editions? Is it just easier to order the product from Mongoose in England and have it shipped to Canada?
I asked this a while back via email and the answer I got was (to paraphrase) "it's most likely the Atlantean edition because the first printing sold out last January."
Steve Conan Trustrum
Stoat

Postby Steve Conan Trustrum » Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:28 am

whoops, that was me
Love is never having to say you're sorry. Power is being able to kill anyone who asks for an apology.
Gwarh
Shrew

Postby Gwarh » Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:37 am

Sounds good enuff for me, if it sold out that long ago the odds are it didn't survive in stock at amazon.ca
XcomSquaddie
Banded Mongoose

Postby XcomSquaddie » Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:57 pm

The Atlantean Edition has a stone tablet on the cover with the words 'Atlantean Edition'. Here's a pic from the Mongoose catalog.

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/rpg/d ... qsSeries=7

Alternately, after you receive your copy, send it to me and I'll verify the edition... :twisted:
"It should be perfectly safe Gromit, just a bit of harmless brain alteration..."
Steve Conan Trustrum
Stoat

Postby Steve Conan Trustrum » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:13 pm

Darth Mikey wrote:The Atlantean Edition has a stone tablet on the cover with the words 'Atlantean Edition'. Here's a pic from the Mongoose catalog.

Alternately, after you receive your copy, send it to me and I'll verify the edition... :twisted:
The problem being that Amazon hasn't updated the image -- it's still that of the first edition, regardless of which edition they actually have for sale. They are notoriously lax with such things unless someone continues to make a big stink about it.
Love is never having to say you're sorry. Power is being able to kill anyone who asks for an apology.
XcomSquaddie
Banded Mongoose

Postby XcomSquaddie » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:41 pm

This is the book on amazon: Mongoose Publishing ISBN: 1904577695
This is the one from Mongoose: ISBN 1-904577-69-5 | MGP 7701

http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/1 ... 57-4359242

I've posted the links again so you can compare them.

Unfortunately, my copy of the original edition has the exact same numbers, including the Mongoose number. So that won't really help.
"It should be perfectly safe Gromit, just a bit of harmless brain alteration..."
René
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby René » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:44 pm

It's the same problem with amazon.de (Germany). I asked them which edition they sell; their answer was that you get the newest (i.e. Atlantean); if you get the old edition, you can send it back.

amazon.de has an option called "marketplace" where other dealers sell the same items at often VERY better prices. Usually they can answer those questions better, too.

Maybe it's the same with amazon.ca.
Gwarh
Shrew

Postby Gwarh » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:46 pm

Thanks for all the info Fellers. And thanks for the tip re: the Market Place.

I'll have to check that out too and see if the Canadian "Marketplace" site has more books in the series.