Not much activity.

Discuss Mongoose RPGs here, such as the OGL rulebooks, Jeremiah, Armageddon 2089 and Macho Women with Guns
Judge Shaw
Stoat

Not much activity.

Postby Judge Shaw » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:51 pm

I've noticed that it usually takes about 3-4 days to get responses to posts on 2kAD forum in general and the JD threads in particular. Does this mean the JD fans are low keyed and quiet? Or, has JD passed into the dormant rpg file?
torus
Stoat

Re: Not much activity.

Postby torus » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:08 pm

I wonder how many JD rpg players there are, and how well the game sold/sells? I would love to have gotten it (Trav version) but found it too expensive. If there was ever a budget release, I'd pick it up.
cfirpi
Banded Mongoose

Postby cfirpi » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:30 pm

yeah it's not a huge following, but the few there are will give good advice at times.
Sector 301's adventures: http://judgeblotter.blogspot.com/
Judge Shaw
Stoat

Postby Judge Shaw » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:08 am

torus wrote: If there was ever a budget release, I'd pick it up.
Check online (amazon, eBay, etc.) I got a pretty good deal on hard copy of the Trav Rules.
havercake lad
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby havercake lad » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:11 am

I'm sure I've seen other RPG books more expensive than The basic Dredd rulebook. It's a small investment for potentially years of RPGing..and its in glorious colour as well...the Traveller rules to accompany it are inexpensive if you buy the pocket Traveller rule set.
Judge Shaw
Stoat

Postby Judge Shaw » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:52 pm

The Dredd core book is a little pricey, it's about $70 cdn. But, yeah there are more expensive rpgs books out there. I managed to get a copy for about $50 cdn (with postage included) on eBay the other week.
torus
Stoat

Postby torus » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:16 pm

havercake lad wrote:I'm sure I've seen other RPG books more expensive than The basic Dredd rulebook. It's a small investment for potentially years of RPGing..and its in glorious colour as well...the Traveller rules to accompany it are inexpensive if you buy the pocket Traveller rule set.
Well I guess I can't afford those other books either. £25/$40 is about my limit for a single book. There are always lots of things to spend money on, and life is so busy, I'm unlikely to get years of use from any RPG book now. Moreover, full colour is all very well but I'd happily buy it softbound and in black & white if that made it cheaper.
Judge Shaw
Stoat

Postby Judge Shaw » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:59 pm

"Moreover, full colour is all very well but I'd happily buy it softbound and in black & white if that made it cheaper."

I agree, especially considering it was one of those lovely coloured pictures that caused my PDF copy to jam up both readers on my tablet, and caused me to buy the book in the first place.
FinH
Weasel

Postby FinH » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:06 pm

I just shelled out for the Traveller core book and the Dredd RPG book and it certainly wasn't cheap (especially getting them delivered to Australia) but, like one of the above people said, it's an investment (and it's better than the Games Workshop one I had donkey's years ago). Not sure if Dredd gamers are a silent minority but there might soon be a resurgence in popularity what with the new movie coming out and all.