Starship Troopers quick start rules

Discuss Mongoose RPGs here, such as the OGL rulebooks, Jeremiah, Armageddon 2089 and Macho Women with Guns
Tack
Cub

Starship Troopers quick start rules

Postby Tack » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:52 am

I know they lost the licence, but out of curiosity, did Mongoose or anyone ever release quick start rules for Starship Troopers? I wanted to try out a test campaign to see if my players liked the rules and the campaign world.
Tack
Cub

Re: Starship Troopers quick start rules

Postby Tack » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:46 pm

Hi, does anyone know?
Mage
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby Mage » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:49 am

I think they PDfed quick start rules for Battlefield: Evolution, but that might not have done a BFE for SST evolution.

There might be a PDF still out there somewhere with the rules, but I doubt it would be on drivethrough RPg as it is not a product mongoose support any more through lack of license. It would most likely be very hard to find, and SST players do not really come onto this site anymore. Your best bet would probably be to buy a rulebook on ebay or something.
chris_valera
Banded Mongoose

Postby chris_valera » Sun May 05, 2013 6:53 pm

Mage wrote:I think they PDfed quick start rules for Battlefield: Evolution, but that might not have done a BFE for SST evolution.

There might be a PDF still out there somewhere with the rules, but I doubt it would be on drivethrough RPg as it is not a product mongoose support any more through lack of license. It would most likely be very hard to find, and SST players do not really come onto this site anymore. Your best bet would probably be to buy a rulebook on ebay or something.
You can still get the rulebooks for cheap on ebay. The starter box still sells for half-price in stores and full price on ebay. The hardcover rulebook didn't clarify or issue errata on anything, so there' no point in buying it. A LOT of people said the rulebook army lists were the best, it forced the MI to think and move around. The army books reduced the cost of the MI by 10% which gave them an overwhelming advantage.

--Chris
http://www.chrisvalera.com