Lord of Bor

Discuss Mongoose RPGs here, such as the OGL rulebooks, Jeremiah, Armageddon 2089 and Macho Women with Guns
Sir Brad
Banded Mongoose

Lord of Bor

Postby Sir Brad » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:23 am

working on my first Epic Character Type because I have a crew of Bor running around and although most are Gunners one is running my custom Bor Mercenary class, he has an option to shift over to Gunner when he reaches rank 11 (in truth becoming Mercenary 10/Gunner 1), but without Epic Abilities he may come undone quickly. their for I'm working on the "Lords of Bor" as Epic Heroes, Melee Fighters and Leaders of the Bor People.

later today I hope to post the first Epic Disciplines.
Sir Brad
Banded Mongoose

Postby Sir Brad » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:35 am

OK after some problems knowing where to start I Think I've got it all ready to go in an afternoon, something I thought I'd spend most of a weeks worth of free time sorting out the mechanics of. some disciplines are a bit stronger than others due to their basic disciplines weakens or little advantage to the Bor Lord himself.

upon reaching Rank 11 a Bor Mercenary may become a Bor Lord, a High Officer of his Company or the Bor Army and is recognised as a (lesser) member or the Bor Kingdoms Nobility. as a Bor Lord he receives +1 to his CS +2 to his EP and may select his first Epic Discipline.

Epic Disciplines.

Lord of Arms: the Bor Lord is a Master in the use of Drodarin Hafted Weapons and receives +3 CS when employing them in Combat (this is in addition to his Bor at Arms bonus). further he may not be disarmed by an opponent of equal or lesser rank.

Lord of Might: When using Drodarin Hafted Weapons in Melee Combat the Bor Lord deals Triple damage, and Double Damage when Gun-butting if they posses that Gunner of Bor Discipline.

Mighty Throw: The Bor Lord is so mighty in physical strength and skill that he can throw all Hafted and Chain Weapons with Ease and Power, Even the Mighty Drodarin weapons may be thrown at no CS penalty, all cause Double Damage to the target. Further they may hurl small boulders, canon balls and siege bolts these also inflict double the listed damage.

Epic Fortitude: The Dwarf Lord is now immune to common diseases and poisons and normal extremes of temperature. Only the rarest or magical miladies, toxins or most severe extremes of temperature affect him and he is resistant to even them and may add his discipline bonus to these tests.

Forge Mastery: Masters of the Forge may quickly and easily turn out items of common quality, no longer having to test to produce them. Also Masters of the Forge possess the Craft to create items that are Magical in nature, in addition to any other Superior Craftsmanship TN increase there is a further 10TN increase to create items of this Craft.

Lordly Presence: The Bor Lord has such a commanding presence and has mastered the Roar of Command and other such techniques that any Bor in his company may add the Bor Lords Discipline Bonus to their CS, further the Bor Lord and his companions are immune to normal Fear and resistant to all but the most insidious and powerful magical fears, also the Bor Lord and his Dawfs present in his Fellowship are protected by a Mindsheild.

Master of the Fellowship: Every Bor character working or fighting with the Bor Lord may add his Expertise bonus to any discipline test they are required to make. Also the Bor Lord may add +1 to their CS or Discipline test for each Bor Companion in their company up to a maximum of their Discipline Bonus

Of the Two Hands: The Bor Lord any weld of using one handed in each hand (even Mighty Drodarin Hafted Weapons) or throw them at the same time, The Bor Lord may even fire a Bor Pistol in each hand, but requires the Two Gun Mastery Discipline from the Gunner of Bor Character Type if he ever wishes to learn Mastery: Two Gun Mastery Epic Discipline.

Master Athlete: the Bor Lord no longer has to test to preform lesser feats of athleticism or to defeat less athletes in contest and may add their Rank Bonus to all other tests or contests. also Brawling and Wresting have become second nature to the master athlete that that they only take a -2CS penalty for being unarmed.
Sir Brad
Banded Mongoose

Re: Lord of Bor

Postby Sir Brad » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:11 am

around six months ago I ran a successful Bor Campaign, starting at rank 3 by the time it warped up the characters had reached (equal to) rank 15, most of the players where Gunners but I had a pair of "Bor Mercenaries", one changed to a Gunner after he passed through Rank 10, the other passed on to a "Lord of Bor", at rank 11 & 12 there wasn't that much difference (in fact their where times when combining the cross class Disciplines where better than epic abilites), at Rank 13 the Epic Abilities like Expertise and larger number of Epic Disciplines out striped the advantages of having two Classes and Rank 15 drove home the power gap between having 15 disciplines and 10 Disciplines and 5 Epic Disciplines. But Fun was still had by all, enough so that most want to have an other Bor campaign when our next one of our games ends or goes on brake.

anyway looking for suggestions to polish the "Bor Lord" epic class just in case er get back obrt rank 10 again.
August1
Banded Mongoose

Re: Lord of Bor

Postby August1 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:01 pm

Just wanted to chime in here and let you know how much I've enjoyed reading this developing class. Very nice work. I'm looking forward to seeing more. :)

-A