Magnakai Printable Sheets Request

Discuss Mongoose RPGs here, such as the OGL rulebooks, Jeremiah, Armageddon 2089 and Macho Women with Guns
belwindarkstar
Cub

Magnakai Printable Sheets Request

Postby belwindarkstar » Sat May 14, 2011 2:57 pm

Is there a way that Mongoose Publishing can make printable character sheets for the Book of the Magnakai character classes? I am unable to print the sheets clearly in the book. I have the soft cover and the pdf. The character sheets are not clear to print. Any help is appreciated.
Dominik
Stoat

Postby Dominik » Sat May 21, 2011 12:00 pm

I second that.
hal
Banded Mongoose

Postby hal » Mon May 23, 2011 9:19 pm

Thirded
Hellebore
Stoat

Postby Hellebore » Tue May 24, 2011 2:59 am

Beat you to the punch. :)
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB ... 07ae9716af

So yes, I 'zeroth' it...

Hellebore
"Humanity's insignificance pales in comparison to its ego" (Sir Rumplestiltskin)

"The capacity to think does not assign importance to your thoughts, it merely indicates you can." (Sir Rumplestiltskin)
August1
Banded Mongoose

Postby August1 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:31 pm

Just to let folks know, I am putting together a completely free, entirely redone set of character sheets for this book. I promise; no more blurry. :)

More when they are done; just hang tight.

-A
belwindarkstar
Cub

Any updates?

Postby belwindarkstar » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:59 am

Is there an update when printable character sheets will be available?
August1
Banded Mongoose

Postby August1 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:31 pm

I am collating them into a pdf collection now. I will post a link when they are done.
August1
Banded Mongoose

New Sheets!

Postby August1 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:57 pm

My apologies for the delay, all!

Here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8024229/BotM%20 ... Charts.pdf

These come from the book's graphics files but should be much clearer and easier to use printed. They are full-sized sheets and are predominantly image-free.

Hope these help!
August1
Banded Mongoose

Postby August1 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:38 am

Those sheets work for folks? If you have any requests or feedback, fire away. I am not adverse to completely redoing them for you all.

-A
Random Code
Banded Mongoose

Postby Random Code » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:49 pm

I tend to stick with the one I made, linked here: http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB ... hp?t=44196

I'm in the process of updating it with an Advanced Sheet.

EDIT: Now created and added to above thread.
August1
Banded Mongoose

Postby August1 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:03 pm

So I ask for feedback and I get self-promotion? :)

Not terribly Kai of you, good sir...
Random Code
Banded Mongoose

Postby Random Code » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:08 am

MongooseAugust wrote:So I ask for feedback and I get self-promotion? :)

Not terribly Kai of you, good sir...
:shock:

Well, you snarked for it so here you go: those official ones are completely uninteresting in a visual and organisational sense and are a waste of page count when included within the rule books. They are some of the worse character sheets I've seen for any rpg I'm afraid and I wouldn't waste any more time on them if I were you August as the basis of the design and presentation is so bad. I think people's silence with regards to feedback pretty much speaks volumes.

Hope that's more useful and apologies if the response was strong but as a representative of Mongoose you provoked that reaction with your dig at me. I put a hell of a lot of work into my home made sheets - if only you lot would have done the same with your official ones. So for you to dismiss my link as self promotion is not appreciated.

... In the past I've sent an email to Mongoose offering my original documents (word docs) of the character sheets I've made as they have been far better received than the 'official' ones. I haven't received a reply but the offer is still there for you guys.
August1
Banded Mongoose

Postby August1 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:33 pm

Wow.

I'd say we both spoke volumes. Fine work there.

Having already complimented your work in the past, I was offering a gentle (and smilied) dig at you. It was meant in fun.

I assure you neither it nor the spirit in which it was intended will happen again, sadly.

-A
Zager Krahl
Banded Mongoose

Postby Zager Krahl » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:13 am

A pity Mongoose is so sensitive to having their mistakes pointed out - you could've had some great products if you just deigned to listen to your clients from time to time.
Random Code
Banded Mongoose

Postby Random Code » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:10 am

MongooseAugust wrote:Wow.

I'd say we both spoke volumes. Fine work there.

Having already complimented your work in the past, I was offering a gentle (and smilied) dig at you. It was meant in fun.

I assure you neither it nor the spirit in which it was intended will happen again, sadly.

-A
Sorry August but (a) I've never seen you compliment my homemade sheets and (b) that isn't particularly relevant in the context of what's happened here. Appreciate that comments can be miscommunicated and interpreted on an internet forum and that you meant one thing and I read it in another way but that's all the more reason to be careful when typing things. Chalk it up to experience and a lesson learned.

My offer still stands by the way, despite the lack of response from my original email offering the sheets to Mongoose and when I made it in my previous comment above.
August1
Banded Mongoose

Postby August1 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:54 pm

Zager Krahl wrote:A pity Mongoose is so sensitive to having their mistakes pointed out - you could've had some great products if you just deigned to listen to your clients from time to time.
Seriously, Zager? I -asked- for feedback and I have always been receptive to listening to mistakes when they are pointed out. This discussion isn't even about that. I actually agree with Random that the sheets as designed were bland and overly simple. I was more concerned with the readability (the issue I was trying to fix) but his points were well taken.

I'm also been the one to respond to you when you've posted character classes and asked questions. I've been cordial in the past and taken time to try and help. Thanks for this.

-A
August1
Banded Mongoose

Postby August1 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:58 pm

Random,

One, I have no authority to approve or disapprove the use of unsolicited material in our books. I did point your files out to the project leader when I saw them the first time (along with some of the more interesting alternate character classes that have appeared in the forum) but that's the best I can do.

Two, I am more than willing to accept this was a miscommunication and leave the matter in the past. The important thing here in furthering Lone Wolf. That's why I am here, responding to requests at all.

Deal?

-A
beowuuf
Banded Mongoose

Postby beowuuf » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:05 pm

I for one appreciate everything you do visibly August, and also everything we don't see you do behind the scenes.

To continuing the adventures of Lone Wolf and Magnamund, in whatever form that takes!
Zager Krahl
Banded Mongoose

Postby Zager Krahl » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:57 am

August, let me make it clear:

1) Mongoose has had countless printing errors pointed out to them in the LW books - yet no response is given, and the errors are not rectified even in later prints.

2) There have been numerous complaints about the quality of the work that went into the 'Heroes of Magnamund' and 'Book of the Magnakai' publication - and once again, no reaction is given. If I had to submit work of the quality that was used to produce the character sheets for said publications, I would be fired on the spot.

3) Ganging up rules in LW. An echoing silence, where readers have to fumble in the dark to find a working interpretation. Time after time we ask for clarity. Time after time there is no response. And then YOU of all people have the audacity to come in and act the mediator when the arguments get heated - "Relax. Chill. Keep it civil." We do not want a mediator. We want clarity.

When we buy your products, we expect quality service in return. We do NOT expect indignant rebuttals and fingerpointing at us - at clients, paying clients! - who have valid issues. I hope that clarifies some of what I tried to express in my earlier post.
Random Code
Banded Mongoose

Postby Random Code » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:48 am

MongooseAugust wrote:One, I have no authority to approve or disapprove the use of unsolicited material in our books. I did point your files out to the project leader when I saw them the first time (along with some of the more interesting alternate character classes that have appeared in the forum) but that's the best I can do.
Understood August and thanks for the comms on this - you're the only person that has so far.
MongooseAugust wrote:Two, I am more than willing to accept this was a miscommunication and leave the matter in the past. The important thing here in furthering Lone Wolf. That's why I am here, responding to requests at all.

Deal?
Absolutely, and apologies if you were upset in any way by my reaction, not regarding what I said about the character sheets as I still stand by that, but for other things mentioned (ie, thought you were snarking, etc).