Go Find the Lady

Discuss Mongoose RPGs here, such as the OGL rulebooks, Jeremiah, Armageddon 2089 and Macho Women with Guns
Shokker
Banded Mongoose

Go Find the Lady

Postby Shokker » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:23 am

The word on the slab is that work is well underway on issue 92 of Signs & Portents and I'm very happy to report that editor Nick Robinson has announced it will include yet another Judge Dredd investigation titled Go Find the Lady. :)
Shokker
Banded Mongoose

Thank you!

Postby Shokker » Wed May 04, 2011 5:56 am

Issue 92 of Signs & Portents is now available for free download and does indeed include Go Find the Lady - yet another adventure penned by John W!

Pat on the back to everyone concerned - it's very much appreciated! :)
havercake lad
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby havercake lad » Wed May 04, 2011 10:05 am

The scenario can easily be adapted to be played with none-Judge characters in an urban setting. Originally I ran it as an adventure for a group of none Judge characters. Most of the PCs were all employed in the Largo Stazi Detective Agency and the geisha Kami was actually a PC as well.
Nuclear Fridge Magnet
Mongoose

Postby Nuclear Fridge Magnet » Tue May 10, 2011 8:15 am

Including a Hondo Judge is a great touch.
"A very wise man once taught me a valuable lesson...
"In space we have nothing. Nothing at all."
Shokker
Banded Mongoose

Elementary

Postby Shokker » Wed May 11, 2011 6:27 am

Nuclear Fridge Magnet wrote:Including a Hondo Judge is a great touch.
Yeah, the whole adventure is quite a trip through Hondo society and culture. Definitely my favourite offering from John White to date. I'm a big fan of investigative Dredd games and this fits the bill nicely!

I liked the 'elements' being used in the murders and reckon it would be an opportunity missed if the investigating Judge who discovered this fact didn't turn to Judge Watson to explain his thought process to reach this conclusion as quite 'Elementary'......... :roll:
havercake lad
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Re: Go Find the Lady

Postby havercake lad » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:10 pm

The camp cop-come-goucho look of CB Judges in earlier strips got replaced with gear closer to the MC1 look. Judges here are a social elite who make money by accepting cash to overlook crimes, though they can be quite ruthless and vicious. They tend to be immersed in crime cartels and can be subject to coups as other Judge/crime familes take over the position of Supreme Judge. a few years back the strip showed MC1 and East Meg 2 trying to install favourable regimes.

Generally armour is pretty similar for the world's judges, though they probably have less versatile handguns, Texas City Judges using revolver type weapons of humongous calibre.

Major difference to the standard 'Judge' are Hondo Judges, they seem to have personal fliers rather than bikes, anti-grav devices and suits or helmets with built in sensors. Added to this they tend to use lae shuriken profectors built into their gloves and side arms include electrified nunchuks and conventional wakizashi. I stated a Hondo judge up as an NPC in Go find the Lady in Signs and Portents.
The Brit cit Judge system was imported by the US Mega-cities to Brit-Cit, God knows why every nation followed suit. Still history shows nations aping the uniforms of the percieved military greats in the 19th Century and beyond..eg French Zouaves, Prussian helmets...so maybe late 21st Century saw a similar passion for fashion?
Annatar Giftbringer
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Annatar Giftbringer » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:15 am

havercake lad wrote:The camp cop-come-goucho look of CB Judges in earlier strips got replaced with gear closer to the MC1 look. Judges here are a social elite who make money by accepting cash to overlook crimes, though they can be quite ruthless and vicious. They tend to be immersed in crime cartels and can be subject to coups as other Judge/crime familes take over the position of Supreme Judge. a few years back the strip showed MC1 and East Meg 2 trying to install favourable regimes.

Generally armour is pretty similar for the world's judges, though they probably have less versatile handguns, Texas City Judges using revolver type weapons of humongous calibre.

Major difference to the standard 'Judge' are Hondo Judges, they seem to have personal fliers rather than bikes, anti-grav devices and suits or helmets with built in sensors. Added to this they tend to use lae shuriken profectors built into their gloves and side arms include electrified nunchuks and conventional wakizashi. I stated a Hondo judge up as an NPC in Go find the Lady in Signs and Portents.
The Brit cit Judge system was imported by the US Mega-cities to Brit-Cit, God knows why every nation followed suit. Still history shows nations aping the uniforms of the percieved military greats in the 19th Century and beyond..eg French Zouaves, Prussian helmets...so maybe late 21st Century saw a similar passion for fashion?
So, we continue the discussion in another topic? Fine by me :)

Ruthless, often involved in crime and bribe-able, you say? That's perfect! It gives my players a reason to travel down there to supervise, liase and assist in shutting down the sugar factory - and I could even put a corrupt judge as "end-level boss".

Basically, I could give CB judges Street Armor and whatever sidearms I want them to, like hand cannons and laser pistols, and shotguns for versatile backup, perhaps a spit gun or two for fire support?

Another question: Is sugar illegal in the rest of the world, or just in MC 1? Thinking about how OK it would be to blow the whole place up, or if they need to focus on the smuggling part (and still 'accidentally' blow the place up).

Thanks for the link to the Hondo NPC btw :)
havercake lad
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby havercake lad » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:00 pm

Apologises..I put my reply in the wrong thread :oops: