Matt & The Conan Forum

Discuss Mongoose RPGs here, such as the OGL rulebooks, Jeremiah, Armageddon 2089 and Macho Women with Guns
Supplement Four
Cosmic Mongoose

Matt & The Conan Forum

Postby Supplement Four » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:44 am

Matt, once Mongoose no longer has the Conan license, will this forum disappear? I didn't think it would, until somebody said something. Then, I noticed that the Babylon 5 forum and Starship Troopers forums are gone.

Will this one disappear, too?

I'd sure hate to lose this resource.
MongooseMatt
Site Admin

Postby MongooseMatt » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:03 am

_If_ the Conan licence disappears, we will likely merge it into 'other RPGs,' unless we get instructions otherwise.
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
Supplement Four
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Supplement Four » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:59 am

msprange wrote:_If_ the Conan licence disappears, we will likely merge it into 'other RPGs,' unless we get instructions otherwise.
I like the "If" part. And, it's nice to know that the diamonds buried among the chatter won't disappear.
Strom
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Strom » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:55 pm

I agree this is a great resource. I'll add my two cents - It helps if members use the search function and not dilute the resource with redundant topics that are covered in older posts - often with great detail and information. There are some really great topics - and resources - in early 2004-05 topics from when the game first was launched.
“Crom and his devils!”
Supplement Four
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Supplement Four » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:00 am

Strom wrote:I agree this is a great resource. I'll add my two cents - It helps if members use the search function and not dilute the resource with redundant topics that are covered in older posts - often with great detail and information. There are some really great topics - and resources - in early 2004-05 topics from when the game first was launched.
Like any forum, there will be repetition. It's the nature of the beast.

And, in one way, just pure activity, even if its a topic covered a second or fifth time, is better than having a dead forum with nobody reading and sharing.

I agree with your sentiment, but in at least one point of view, it's actually better to have duplicate topics.