Looking for a group that wants to play Babylon 5!

Discuss Mongoose RPGs here, such as the OGL rulebooks, Jeremiah, Armageddon 2089 and Macho Women with Guns
Dag'Nabbit
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Dag'Nabbit » Sat Feb 14, 2004 8:30 am

There's a fairly interested group in College Station, TX. They are looking for someone brave enough to fill a role as GM. I would have, but the army decided to deploy my rear-end to another continent.

Send me a personal email if someone around there is interested and I'll get in touch with them for you.
Yummmmm.....Flan! It's really just styrofoam. Tasty styrofoam, like twinkies, but somehow better for you.
Dag'Nabbit
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Dag'Nabbit » Sat Feb 14, 2004 8:43 am

Shadowscout wrote: "Why, GURPS of course. I thought I wrote that some post before... I always use GURPS - ever since I stumbled upon it, oh, 12 or so years ago."

What I'm wondering (mostly cuz I just wrote about it in the ship plans string) is whether or not you've tried to use the GURPS Traveller Era ship plans for the B5 ships? If so you might wanna check out that thread and let all us ignorant ones know how it worked for you.
Yummmmm.....Flan! It's really just styrofoam. Tasty styrofoam, like twinkies, but somehow better for you.
E Nicely
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Re: New groupie in San Diego

Postby E Nicely » Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:40 am

pmvanova wrote:I'm in San Diego looking for gamers to try out this system. (It's not irradiated yet, but with the recent fires blowing smoke down here...it's looking like it)
It's hard enough trying to find ANY gamers in San Diego, let alone anyone who knows about B5.
Hey, there's plenty of us here! Lots of different groups playing a whole lot of games (mostly D&D). My group plays mostly Fading Suns, Hero games, and DP9 stuff-with Conan or Cybernet forthcoming.

I would like to play some B5. I don't want to GM it though. Might be able to get another player or 2. PM me.

And hope you made it through the fires in one peice.
Project Lead and Contributing Designer, VaS Order of Battle
Mongoose Playtester
ranger9650
Cub

Postby ranger9650 » Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:27 am

Just putting my name on the list looking for a group to run/play in. I live in the Louisville, KY area. Just do a reply on the forums.
Killing for peace is like screwing for virginity.
Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.
Friendly fire-isn't; Recoiless rifles-aren't; Suppressive fires-won't.
From Murphy's Laws of Combat Operations
Oscar Cuellar
Cub

Postby Oscar Cuellar » Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:26 pm

OK, well here goes...

Anyone out there running a game around San Antonio, Texas? Hey, I might go as far as Austin! Anyone? Anyone?

[Listens for the sound of chirping crickets]

Thanks
Oscar
Dag'Nabbit
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Dag'Nabbit » Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:20 pm

Currently running a game in College Station.....from Kosovo.

I'm getting my players to set up characters and then I am going to develop backgrounds with them while I am deployed. It'll get much more fun when I get back to Texas.
CraxyGM
Cub

Great!

Postby CraxyGM » Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:26 am

Great to see my starting post has lead to many other posting there games as well. Come on peolple keep posting.

I still am looking for a game. However i am no longer in Salem, Oregon. I am now in Portland, Oregon. So anyone out there?
Paddy

Postby Paddy » Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:23 pm

Anyone from Birmingham, UK drop me a line at onemoreninja@yahoo.co.uk if you're up for a game (I'll warn now on the offchance there is someone, that I'm still new to RPG)
Black Campbell
Shrew

Postby Black Campbell » Thu May 06, 2004 5:27 am

ShadowScout wrote: ...(translating all the great Mongoose stuff into our choosen game system is fun, but also quite a bit of work...
I've been thinking of porting into the Decipher system; it's a nice combo of d20, but with better probability mechanics.

Oh,and we're in Albuquerque, NM; always looking for new people...
Golem2176
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Golem2176 » Thu May 06, 2004 6:31 am

GURPS is ok, just be aware that fourth edition is coming out!
Tale of the Twin Suns Yahoo Group

"I'll swallow your soul," Deadite qoute
"Only if I don't kill you with my +4 Keen Chain Saw first!" - Me
Silverthorne
Cub

Postby Silverthorne » Thu May 06, 2004 10:39 am

In Victoria Texas. I do not have a dedicated group to play Babylon 5, but would like to see if I could get one.

(I am very interested in seeing the Gurps Babylon 5 information.)
Golem2176
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Golem2176 » Thu May 06, 2004 11:13 am

Scottsdale, Arizona. I'd like to see that GURPS info as well.
Tale of the Twin Suns Yahoo Group

"I'll swallow your soul," Deadite qoute
"Only if I don't kill you with my +4 Keen Chain Saw first!" - Me
Steve

Postby Steve » Tue May 18, 2004 8:34 pm

I'm in the UK; Bromsgrove/ Stourbridge/Dudley/ Halesowen; that neck of the woods. Would prefer to GM (am control freak); prefers character driven games with a bit of violence thrown in for variety.