Sector 13

Discuss Mongoose RPGs here, such as the OGL rulebooks, Jeremiah, Armageddon 2089 and Macho Women with Guns
Jamescuk
Weasel

Sector 13

Postby Jamescuk » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:34 am

Okay here is my next question, Sector 13, will it be developed more like the default sector in d20 version, where each supplement add more to the sector, or will there be a supplement all to its self?

As i really like the look of Sector 13, seems to be allot going on, and i assume Bad Moon rising (i assume a story about the crime family war as it was hinted to in the Main book that Psi-Division detects theres a 71% chance and it has a full moon attached to it) and Democracy Falls is set in sector 13.

If it is to be developed more what are going to see in the future and what would you like to see?
havercake lad
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby havercake lad » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:28 pm

Democracy falls has a MC1 starting point of the NW Hab Zone the location being very pertinant to the opening of the adventure.
Sector 13 material has some descrepancies with Sector 13 as presented in Marauder comic strip and also ignores the Angel Town of the Simping Detective series. No great problem as these are fringe strips you can easily choose to ignore.
( I just relocated Sector 13 material to Sector 14 for my Legal Eagles campaign. Some of the D20 RPG published scenarios I found merely good enough for a few ideas in my campaigns but it would be criminal not to run all the excellent campaign in BMR ! )
John
Loz
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby Loz » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:30 pm

I understand that Dredd Times is intending to publish some fanfic set in Sector 13 in 2010, with the aim of developing the setting.

I haven't done any development work myself on S13, but any future Dredd stuff I get on my 2Do list will use it as far as possible.
What am I supposed to say?
Where are the words to answer you,
When you talk that way?

Rush - Spindrift
Mr_Scream
Cub

Postby Mr_Scream » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:59 pm

Sector 13 and its blocks have featured in dredd strips a few times. I think once during the apocolypse war and once during block war at least (these are story titles btw) They are available in the judge dredd case files as are many many other ideas for this game.
I AM THE LAW PUNK!
Mongoose Si
Mongoose

Postby Mongoose Si » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:02 pm

There are more details on Sector 13 in Judge's Handbook
Dredd Times
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Dredd Times » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:04 pm

Most of the fiction on Dredd Times will be set in Sector 13, along with stats for the main characters in the stories. There are a few new crazes that have been sweeping the sector of late that will also be covered, as well as detailing some of the smaller habs and blocks of the sector to go alongside the main City Blocks.

Things are taking shape nicely now but the real work will begin on Christmas Day when I am actually on holiday and can concentrate on writing :)
Dredd Times
Upholding the Law since 1999
http://marcfarrimond.com
havercake lad
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby havercake lad » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:27 pm

Mr_Scream wrote:Sector 13 and its blocks have featured in dredd strips a few times. I think once during the apocolypse war and once during block war at least (these are story titles btw) They are available in the judge dredd case files as are many many other ideas for this game.
Most sector numbers in early Dredd stories were probably made redundant after the re-classifying of the City Sectors during early 2106.
( Prog 355 )
An area of Sector 13 is 'Little Venice' described by the tour guides as 'Mega-City's enclave for the super rich.' Its restaraunts, dream palace an shops feature in a Dredd tale set in Autumn 2126. ( Judge Dredd Megazine 223 )
Judge White
Shokker
Banded Mongoose

Jon Bon Jovi Block rocks!

Postby Shokker » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:25 am

Betcha Jon Bon Jovi Block residents were glad to see the back of Christmas 2131. There's got to be a limit to the amount of times you can listen to the 'Great Man's' cover versions of Please Come Home For Christmas, Back Door Santa and I Wish Every Day Could Be Like Christmas before your ears start to bleed! :D