wealth points

Discuss Mongoose RPGs here, such as the OGL rulebooks, Jeremiah, Armageddon 2089 and Macho Women with Guns
Jamie
Shrew
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2003 8:52 am
Location: Portsmouth, UK
Contact:

wealth points

Postby Jamie » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:32 pm

I am just about to start a campaign using the Cybernet rules but am wondering what people think is a reasonable starting level for wealth points as I can not find any information on this in the book or the FAQ.

I am after a downtrodden hero feel to the game so the characters need to be well equiped but not so well equiped that they dont have to think about how many bullets they are using.

Jamie.
Kid
Cub
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:57 pm

Postby Kid » Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:29 pm

Look at page 184. There you can read which bonus a newly created 1st-level character has. The GM can give the PC some starting equipment for free without decreasing the wealth bonus (one weapon and ammo, one melee weapon, a cell phone, clothes, one impromptu armour, or other things). Then the PC have to use the Purchase-Wealth-Rules to get other equipment.
User avatar
psyclonejack
Banded Mongoose
Posts: 378
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:46 am
Location: Waterloo, IA

Postby psyclonejack » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:35 pm

Well, just use the "normal" starting wealth rules for the game. You will get the down trodden hero feel. We had one player after creation, manage to buy a couple of items and a gun. He was then broke.

PsyJack
Jamie
Shrew
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2003 8:52 am
Location: Portsmouth, UK
Contact:

Postby Jamie » Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:18 pm

psyclonejack wrote:Well, just use the "normal" starting wealth rules for the game. You will get the down trodden hero feel. We had one player after creation, manage to buy a couple of items and a gun. He was then broke.

PsyJack

Thats just the problem. Other than the wealth bonus in the career part of character creation I can't find any other reference to starting wealth. Kid has pointed me i nthe direction of an example character so I will take a loo kat that but 4 WP looks like it is teh highest bonus any of the careers get and that is going to be cleared out real quick and I would like the characters to have a little more than one gun and some clothes.

Jamie
Kid
Cub
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:57 pm

Postby Kid » Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:40 pm

A newly created 1st-level character's Wealth bonus is +0 plus:

-->Wealth provided by the character's starting occupation
-->Bonus from the Windfall feat
-->2d4 die roll
-->+1 for having 1 to 4 ranks in the Profession skill

So, I think, a character's Wealth bonus is more than +4. The character has to purchase the expensive equipment first (with decreasing the Wealth bonus) and when a character has a Wealth bonus of +0 he or she can purchase infinite equipment with a Purchase DC of 9 or lower.
User avatar
Stratos
Greater Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 1376
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2003 12:02 pm
Location: Grove City, Ohio 43123 USA
Contact:

Re: wealth points

Postby Stratos » Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:47 am

Jamie wrote:I am just about to start a campaign using the Cybernet rules but am wondering what people think is a reasonable starting level for wealth points as I can not find any information on this in the book or the FAQ.

I am after a downtrodden hero feel to the game so the characters need to be well equiped but not so well equiped that they dont have to think about how many bullets they are using.

Jamie.
You should purchase the CyberNet Official RPG Soundtrack to run during your campaigns... Lol! :)

- Stratos
User avatar
sonny sixshooter
Mongoose
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2004 11:34 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: wealth points

Postby sonny sixshooter » Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:45 am

baileyrecords wrote:You should purchase the CyberNet Official RPG Soundtrack to run during your campaigns... Lol! :)

- Stratos
Lol! Yeah and you don't need that many wealth points to aquire it...
Immer weiter Rollo, immer weiter...
Jamie
Shrew
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2003 8:52 am
Location: Portsmouth, UK
Contact:

Postby Jamie » Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:52 am

Kid wrote:A newly created 1st-level character's Wealth bonus is +0 plus:

-->Wealth provided by the character's starting occupation
-->Bonus from the Windfall feat
-->2d4 die roll
-->+1 for having 1 to 4 ranks in the Profession skill

So, I think, a character's Wealth bonus is more than +4. The character has to purchase the expensive equipment first (with decreasing the Wealth bonus) and when a character has a Wealth bonus of +0 he or she can purchase infinite equipment with a Purchase DC of 9 or lower.

just found it in the book :oops: . thanks for the advice though

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests