Designing ships for B5 using Imperial Supply rules

Discuss Mongoose RPGs here, such as the OGL rulebooks, Jeremiah, Armageddon 2089 and Macho Women with Guns
Allensh
Banded Mongoose

Designing ships for B5 using Imperial Supply rules

Postby Allensh » Thu Oct 09, 2003 11:04 pm

I would like to create some new ships for my Babylon 5 campaign. I purchased the Dragonstar Imperial Supply book and would like to know what tweaks may have been made to that system to produce the ships for B5. One thing I have noticed is that B5 ships seem to have higher defence values, since they don't seem to take the automatic -5 Dex adjustment (and they usually have Agility scores). Also, DR seems to be about double of hardness. Any advice on this would be helpful :) Thanks.

Allen

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 10, 2003 7:31 pm

Isn't Dragonstar a different game made by a different company?
KDLadage
Mongoose

Postby KDLadage » Fri Oct 10, 2003 8:06 pm

Anonymous wrote:Isn't Dragonstar a different game made by a different company?
Yes it is.

And your point would be...?
"It really doesn't matter what I think. In the end, I'm just one of a million insignificant cogs, and the machine is going to do what it meant to do. No matter what."
- Capt. Robert P. Hickey, USN, Commanding Officer USS RANGER
Judge Walker
Mongoose

Postby Judge Walker » Fri Oct 10, 2003 10:20 pm

From what I understand the ship system in B5 is directly based on that of Dragonstar.
DKeith2011
Weasel

Postby DKeith2011 » Sat Oct 11, 2003 3:52 am

It is, but Bruce is on record in these forums as saying that the ship designs are generaly done on a "that-sounds-good" basis.

A few key ships were evidently carefully converted from other sources (probably Babylon 5 Wars) and the others compared to it until the "that-sounds-good" point was found.