New judge Dredd Questions

Discuss Mongoose RPGs here, such as the OGL rulebooks, Jeremiah, Armageddon 2089 and Macho Women with Guns
tzunder
Stoat

New judge Dredd Questions

Postby tzunder » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:56 pm

Is the new Judge Dredd a self contained book with all rules or will a copy of Traveller also be required?
Loz
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby Loz » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:39 pm

You will require the Traveller core rules, but that's the only book you'll need.
What am I supposed to say?
Where are the words to answer you,
When you talk that way?

Rush - Spindrift
Shadow Queen
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Shadow Queen » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:20 pm

I asked Matt the other day and he said yes You will require the Traveller core rules.
“What do you hear?”
“Nothing but the rain,”
“Then grab your gun and bring in the cat,”

All painting Work on my photobucket is copywrite Derina Ramsey please ask if you wish to use.
viper1
Stoat

Postby viper1 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:39 am

Loz wrote:You will require the Traveller core rules, but that's the only book you'll need.
When you say core rules do you mean the main rule book or would the 32 page introduction to traveller be ok?
dreamingbadger
Banded Mongoose

Postby dreamingbadger » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:14 am

The core rules is the hardback, not book-0
"Look out behind you!"

"I wouldn't fall for that ol...dahhhhh!"
broken serenity
Mongoose

Postby broken serenity » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:02 am

my guess is the pocket edition will do if you dont want to buy the full sized version, i could be wrong though?
Loz
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby Loz » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:34 am

The Pocket Edition is just fine.
What am I supposed to say?
Where are the words to answer you,
When you talk that way?

Rush - Spindrift
Dredd Times
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Dredd Times » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:34 pm

As the very learned Loz says, the Pocket Edition of Traveller is just fine to run the game, in fact I think its perfect that way less to carry to the games table :)

Awesome game and some of the best production values that Mongoose have done in a long, long time :)

Marc
Rex
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Rex » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:07 pm

I'm waiting for a Bundle Option, Core Book Pocket Edition, + Dredd. If you build it, they will buy it. :D

*Gets back to work on his Book of Law Idea.....*

~Rex, The Black Hand, Mongoose Infantry
Every Problem in the World, can be solved easily with the Violent application of a baseball bat.
viper1
Stoat

Postby viper1 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:33 pm

Well I took the plunge,

ordered the pocket edition rule book from amazon + the judge dredd rule book from mongoose. Also downloaded Traveller book 0 so i can start learning the basic principle of the game and charater generation straight away.

Just hope it won't be too dificult to learn a new game system and then convert it to Dredd...but heck im always up for a challenge!!
dreamingbadger
Banded Mongoose

Postby dreamingbadger » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:24 pm

viper1 wrote:Well I took the plunge,

ordered the pocket edition rule book from amazon + the judge dredd rule book from mongoose. Also downloaded Traveller book 0 so i can start learning the basic principle of the game and charater generation straight away.

Just hope it won't be too dificult to learn a new game system and then convert it to Dredd...but heck im always up for a challenge!!
I think you will find that once you learn the system most of the differences are "minor"from a mechanics pov
"Look out behind you!"

"I wouldn't fall for that ol...dahhhhh!"
Rex
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Rex » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:31 pm

dreamingbadger wrote:
viper1 wrote:Well I took the plunge,

I think you will find that once you learn the system most of the differences are "minor"from a mechanics pov
Not only minor, but instinctual, and easily adapted on the fly for multitudes of purposes.

~Rex
Every Problem in the World, can be solved easily with the Violent application of a baseball bat.