Unpublished Babylon 5 novels...

Discuss Mongoose RPGs here, such as the OGL rulebooks, Jeremiah, Armageddon 2089 and Macho Women with Guns
lightsyder
Stoat

Unpublished Babylon 5 novels...

Postby lightsyder » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:16 pm

I was wondering if any of the unpublished Babylon 5 novels other than Ranger Dawning made it out as PDF files or actual print copies? I would love to read these.
B_Steele
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby B_Steele » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:59 pm

As far as I know, we were told not to distribute them. :( Sadly enough, because I would have loved for people to have read mine.

-Bry
El Cid
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby El Cid » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:36 pm

Could you tell us who owns the novels?

I'm assuming MP paid you for your work.

Sidney
MongooseMatt
Site Admin

Postby MongooseMatt » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:36 pm

Hi guys,

Keep an eye out for the Deconstruction PDF coming very soon - it may just contain a few goodies :)
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
Gargoyle117
Stoat

Postby Gargoyle117 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:38 pm

Thanks Matt!

I'm very excited to see some more B5 RPG material before the end, especially something on the scale of Deconstruction.

Keep up the great work.
lightsyder
Stoat

Postby lightsyder » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:42 pm

msprange wrote:Keep an eye out for the Deconstruction PDF coming very soon - it may just contain a few goodies :)
What's the Deconstruction PDF?
Gargoyle117 wrote:I'm very excited to see some more B5 RPG material before the end, especially something on the scale of Deconstruction.
What's ending?

Sorry for the questions but I've been away from these forums for a long time... :D
Gargoyle117
Stoat

Postby Gargoyle117 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:51 pm

Brothers has opted not to allow Mongoose to renew or renegotiate the license. I was away until quite recently also and was quite dismayed to hear this. The Traveler books and “Deconstruction of Falling Stars,” will be the last RPG books produced for B5.

Deconstruction looks like it will be a very large collection of unfinished RPG and lore material for B5. They will be releasing it as a PDF.

CtA will be getting a new edition and setting, because the B5 license applied to that as well.

Stock up on your gaming materials now, because you won’t be able to buy anything new in the near future.
goose to renew the liscense.

*edit* Removed bad copy/paste error.
lightsyder
Stoat

Postby lightsyder » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:25 pm

Gargoyle117 wrote:Brothers has opted not to allow Mongoose to renew or renegotiate the license. I was away until quite recently also and was quite dismayed to hear this. The Traveler books and “Deconstruction of Falling Stars,” will be the last RPG books produced for B5.

Deconstruction looks like it will be a very large collection of unfinished RPG and lore material for B5. They will be releasing it as a PDF.

CtA will be getting a new edition and setting, because the B5 license applied to that as well.

Stock up on your gaming materials now, because you won’t be able to buy anything new in the near future.
goose to renew the liscense.

*edit* Removed bad copy/paste error.
Well, that sucks. I don't play the RPG but I really enjoyed reading the books. They added so much to the Babylon 5 universe. So I guess this franchise is officially dead then? Unless Warner Bros is serious about making a theatrical movie.
lastbesthope
Executive Mongoose

Postby lastbesthope » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:27 pm

msprange wrote:Hi guys,

Keep an eye out for the Deconstruction PDF coming very soon - it may just contain a few goodies :)
Maybe a certain first officer's novel as well, which BTW I hear has seen print for charity.

LBH
I'll live forever, heaven won't let me in and hell's afraid I'll take over!!!

Mongoose Accolades
petitbilbo
Banded Mongoose

Postby petitbilbo » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:41 am

Gargoyle117 wrote:Brothers has opted not to allow Mongoose to renew or renegotiate the license.
Actually, it's the other way around: MGP has opted not to renew the licence because of a dwindling interest by the public for B5.

Read the "State of the Mongoose" thread (http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB ... hp?t=37965) where Matt explains it all.

petitbilbo
lightsyder
Stoat

Postby lightsyder » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:50 pm

Gargoyle117 wrote:Deconstruction looks like it will be a very large collection of unfinished RPG and lore material for B5. They will be releasing it as a PDF.
Does Deconstruction have a release date?
lightsyder
Stoat

Postby lightsyder » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:39 pm

So, since we got three of the novels released in the Deconstruction pdf is there any chance the others can be released as well?
MongooseMatt
Site Admin

Postby MongooseMatt » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:55 pm

lightsyder wrote:So, since we got three of the novels released in the Deconstruction pdf is there any chance the others can be released as well?
I am afraid not - the others are in no fit state for us to consider releasing them (fiction is a bit different from gaming material). The three that have been released into the wild had faced at least a reasonable level of editing.
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
lastbesthope
Executive Mongoose

Postby lastbesthope » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:10 pm

Which three are in Deconstruction?

My guess would be Visions of Peace (Have signed), Ranger Dawning(Definitely don't have the pdf) and Baptism of Fire(Am so glad to be getting in one form or another)?????

LBH

Mongoose Accolades
lightsyder
Stoat

Postby lightsyder » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:02 am

msprange wrote:
lightsyder wrote:So, since we got three of the novels released in the Deconstruction pdf is there any chance the others can be released as well?
I am afraid not - the others are in no fit state for us to consider releasing them (fiction is a bit different from gaming material). The three that have been released into the wild had faced at least a reasonable level of editing.
Shame, all of the books looked like they would be real interesting, :cry:
Valarian
Banded Mongoose

Postby Valarian » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:27 am

lastbesthope wrote:My guess would be Visions of Peace (Have signed), Ranger Dawning(Definitely don't have the pdf) and Baptism of Fire(Am so glad to be getting in one form or another)?????
Your guess would be correct
Google Groups for FGII Games:
European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games
lastbesthope
Executive Mongoose

Postby lastbesthope » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:09 pm

I would have known as much if I read the announcement better.

Pity I don't already have the pdf of Ranger Dawning, no sir, not me :lol:

LBH

Mongoose Accolades
Shadow Queen
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Shadow Queen » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:14 pm

I thought that I sent you a copy of it LBH
“What do you hear?”
“Nothing but the rain,”
“Then grab your gun and bring in the cat,”

All painting Work on my photobucket is copywrite Derina Ramsey please ask if you wish to use.
lastbesthope
Executive Mongoose

Postby lastbesthope » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:59 pm

Shadow Queen wrote:I thought that I sent you a copy of it LBH
No, why would I have a copy of something that had to be pulled from the internet since someone's lawyers said no you can't distribute that.

Absolutely definitely don't have a copy of it, no sir.

NOTE: Saavik rules of comms apply to that post, not all is as it seems

LBH

Mongoose Accolades