Conan TV Series

Discuss Mongoose RPGs here, such as the OGL rulebooks, Jeremiah, Armageddon 2089 and Macho Women with Guns
Teutonic
Stoat

Conan TV Series

Postby Teutonic » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:14 pm

Has someone watched the Conan TV show? I remember that I watched the first episode years ago and was really upset, because it was soooo bad. In another forum I red that the later episodes were better,but I doubt this.

And is iht true that Verona Feldbusch played Red Sonja?!? I Can´t belive this...

And I think there was an Conan Cartoon series. Was it good? Had it Conan Feeling or was it crap, too?
VincentDarlage
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby VincentDarlage » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:45 pm

Both were pretty much crap.

I don't know who played Sonja.
Teutonic
Stoat

Postby Teutonic » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:57 pm

Feldbusch is for acting what Uwe Boll is for directing...
VincentDarlage
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby VincentDarlage » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:52 pm

I looked it up for you. Red Sonja was played by Angelica Bridges.
Malcadon
Banded Mongoose

Postby Malcadon » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:33 am

I did remember that cartoon. It felt more like He-man episodes, then anything remotely Hyborian. He was way to kind and naive, with a lot of modern morality. And the fact that all he had to do was tap the enemies with the blunt tip of his weapon to make them disappear, did not make him any cool or heroic, even by cartoon standards! I really miss how you could have the sort violence and "ethic portrayals" you could find in Johnny Quest or in old Bugs Bunny cartoons - dame hippie parents!!!

I think I only watch it because of that Jezmine character. She was voiced by an actress (Janyse Jaud) who as a sultry voice, who usually plays vary sultry women - in other words, she has the perfect voice for a Conan girl, but her talent was wasted on the cartoon!

By the way, Conan also returns as a mentor/babysitter to a bunch of brats in Conan and the Young Warriors. It only lasted one season, but that was one season to many! Thankfully, I like the whole world, had never seen a single episode of it - or know it even existed!!

And yes, The live action show was really stupid! All they wanted to do was make another clone of Hercules and Zena, but with a big ticket name. It was like such shows was coming out the woodwork! By the time that show came out, the genre was getting old!

I would wish that they would make a true to Howard Conan show, but it would suck, as I cant afford extended cable. :wink:
Teutonic
Stoat

Postby Teutonic » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:53 pm

Thanks, vincent.
BTW, here in the forum was once a threat about a new animated conan. Was it finished? I never heard that it was released.
Strom
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Strom » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:09 pm

Teutonic wrote:Thanks, vincent.
BTW, here in the forum was once a threat about a new animated conan. Was it finished? I never heard that it was released.
Red Nails - the new animated Conan film - has yet to see release even though the voice acting has been finished some 3+ years or so. Their website just went down recently - maybe to update it? Mayhap.

The Conan TV series was really fun for my son & I to watch together. other than the hotties - which there are quite a few - not much worthwhile.

I'm having a real good time playing the Conan THQ PS3 game though. Very Conan - very cool! 8)
Last edited by Strom on Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Crom and his devils!”
DaveNC
Mongoose

Postby DaveNC » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:45 pm

I hope the Red Nails movie is eventually released - it looked cool.
"The victim's body turned purple and then black, and within a few minutes he sank down dying, and the stench of his own putrefaction was in his nostrils even before death wrenched his soul from his rotting body."
-REH, The Hour of the Dragon
Yogah of Yag
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Yogah of Yag » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:44 pm

Looks like the site is down for the umpteenth time.
:evil:
I really hate how they've kept us begging for it, but not having delivered after hyping it for so long. :x
Malcadon
Banded Mongoose

Postby Malcadon » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:28 pm

VincentDarlage wrote:I looked it up for you. Red Sonja was played by Angelica Bridges.
I also looked it up, Angelica Bridges would make for a perfect scantly clad Conan girl [NSFW], but was wasted on a G-rated program like Conan the Adventure.
Stygian Devout
Stoat

Postby Stygian Devout » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:40 am

Conan would make for a good HBO series. They have no problem with blood and tits :P and their original series, like Rome, are pretty damn good.