Gaim Warrior?

Discuss Mongoose RPGs here, such as the OGL rulebooks, Jeremiah, Armageddon 2089 and Macho Women with Guns
ronbogard
Banded Mongoose

Gaim Warrior?

Postby ronbogard » Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:27 pm

Has any one make racial traits for a Gaim Warrior PC?
frobisher
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Re: Gaim Warrior?

Postby frobisher » Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:07 pm

ronbogard wrote:Has any one make racial traits for a Gaim Warrior PC?
There would be very little point. The humaniform "Ambassador" Gaim are the only ones that get let out and about and have contact with other races. They are about the only ones capable of reasonable indepedent action and thought outside of the hive type environment as they were bred to it.
Paddy Sinclair

Us Yellowbeards are never more dangerous than when we're dead...
LeagueFan

Gaim Warrior

Postby LeagueFan » Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:23 am

Unless you made it an erratic, which would give it the ability to act with some indepence. But its large size would make it difficult to play as a PC, especially in a mixed group. Of course an experienced player might enjoy the challenge!
Sundog
Mongoose

Postby Sundog » Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:55 pm

It probably wouldn't be able to communicate, either. At least not to non-Gaim.
August
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby August » Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:22 am

Precisely.

The Gaim Warrior would be a problem for most groups, more alien looking by far than a Gaim, and unable to communicate without a specially rigged translator.

There is a very good reason why Ambassador Gaim had to be specially grown and are used in all Gaim-Alien interactions.

-August
"This is a blanket apology to every god I can think of and all the ones I don't know. I have no idea what I did or in which life I did it, but I am really sorry. Ummm, my bad."
Tegman
Banded Mongoose

Postby Tegman » Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:01 am

I would sure like to see some stats on the gaim warrior, could be nice to have in an adventure (from the GM's point of view :twisted:). I have read that they are fearsome in battle and what if the PCs meet some gaim warriors, anything can happen in the galaxy (read: in a roleplaying game) :wink:

If stats and info was posted in the download area then the GMs could use them, if they choose to. Anyhow, I just like to read about alien races etc and you never know when information comes handy. I wouldn't mind information about other alien races as well and more monster-like creatures, there must exist a lot of dangerous exotic non-sentient creatures that a GM can use. I could 8)

Just my 2 Swedish crowns :)
/Tegman

"Bra de då"
B_Steele
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Stats

Postby B_Steele » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:52 pm

There is a statistic block for the Gaim Warrior (nasty!) in the League book.

Check it out.

Bry
Tegman
Banded Mongoose

Re: Stats

Postby Tegman » Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:19 am

B_Steele wrote:There is a statistic block for the Gaim Warrior (nasty!) in the League book.

Check it out.

Bry
Thanks, now I got one more reason to buy that book (not that I needed it :wink: ) :)
/Tegman

"Bra de då"
lastbesthope
Executive Mongoose

Re: Stats

Postby lastbesthope » Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:54 pm

Tegman wrote:
B_Steele wrote:There is a statistic block for the Gaim Warrior (nasty!) in the League book.

Check it out.

Bry
Thanks, now I got one more reason to buy that book (not that I needed it :wink: ) :)
The only thing I need to buy a copy is a copy.

Fragging FLGS preorder from the US. . .grumble mutter. . .

LBH