Cover Art for book 29-32

Discuss Mongoose RPGs here, such as the OGL rulebooks, Jeremiah, Armageddon 2089 and Macho Women with Guns
AguilaSaber
Stoat

Cover Art for book 29-32

Postby AguilaSaber » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:03 pm

It has come to my attention that you are using a new artist for the covers for Lone Wolf #29 - #32. The main reason which has been given for this (from what i've been told) is that you want to send out book #29 earlier.

Also appears that the cover artist for books #1 - #28 is less than happy about this, and that he has some backing with Joe Dever on this.

I ask you to please reconsider this choice and let the same cover artist do all the covers. Send out book 29 around christmas or January next year instead.

Continuity in the cover art for the series is more imortant to me than getting book 29 out a few months early. Fans have waited more than 10 years on the rest of the series. We can surely wait a couple of months more.

Comments I've seen from the fans is that they can wait a lot longer for the rest of the series. Most people say they will put the book aside till they have the 28 first.

While I am among those who would surely read it when I receive it, I still say that I'd rather wait for the book a few more months than have you contract another artist to get it out quicker.
coreystinson
Shrew

Agreed

Postby coreystinson » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:30 pm

For what my opinion is worth as a customer, I would greatly prefer to have the same artist do the covers of the final four books - not just for consistency's sake, but because I very much enjoy his classic high-fantasy style.
SnowShadow
Banded Mongoose

Postby SnowShadow » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:40 am

Nothing very new to add but I agree it is nonsensical to bring out 29 until 1-28 are published. There is no 100% perfect system but at least if it were done this way any lessons from errors occuring now will have been resolved. I also don't think it is fair for any new fans to receive the books out of order as there are a LOT of major changes in Magnamund between the Kai/Magnakai and Grandmaster(s) series.
As regards the art I agree it is more aesthetically pleasing to have the same artist throughout - books 29-32 are part of a series but should be just as outstanding as the others rather than stand out for the wrong reasons.
MongooseMatt
Site Admin

Re: Cover Art for book 29-32

Postby MongooseMatt » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:45 am

AguilaSaber wrote:It has come to my attention that you are using a new artist for the covers for Lone Wolf #29 - #32. The main reason which has been given for this (from what i've been told) is that you want to send out book #29 earlier.
You have not heard correctly, and I do not believe a public discussion of this would be helpful.
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com