I have been ripped off.

Discuss Mongoose RPGs here, such as the OGL rulebooks, Jeremiah, Armageddon 2089 and Macho Women with Guns
Lycanthus
Stoat

I have been ripped off.

Postby Lycanthus » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:35 pm

I waited until the new reprints of the books were done and then I ordered books 1 to 6 presuming the faults of books 3 and 4 would be fixed. I received the first 4 books the other day but have just found out that I have been sent the old prints with the errors.

Book 3 has no section 192
Book 4 has the bad Action Chart for the mini adventure and missing equipment section
And they are both printed and bound in the UK

If I am not mistaken these MUST be the old prints. I think sending me these books knowing they contained errors is out of order. Not happy.
Last edited by Lycanthus on Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elizzar
Weasel

Postby elizzar » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:44 pm

hiya, have you emailed mongoose directly to tell them this, i'm sure they will sort it out, mistakes happen but unlike some companies mongoose seem to actually care about their customers and get it resolved ...
Lycanthus
Stoat

Postby Lycanthus » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:41 pm

^
I'm about to. I'm just going to copy and paste the above post I made. I am really annoyed about this. Mongoose are aware that there was quite an outcry regarding the mistakes made with these books and to send the faulty versions out to a customer after conceding and fixing these mistakes in a reprint is ridiculous.
BlackCat
Banded Mongoose

Postby BlackCat » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:33 pm

The big question: is section 192 missing from all the reprinted book 3? I mean, they made the error, apologized and corrected it in a second print. Now, the section is missing again, but is it because it is an old book from the first print or a new one from the third print? :?
mvstang
Shrew

Postby mvstang » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:24 pm

BlackCat wrote:The big question: is section 192 missing from all the reprinted book 3? I mean, they made the error, apologized and corrected it in a second print. Now, the section is missing again, but is it because it is an old book from the first print or a new one from the third print? :?
Does anyone actually have a 3rd print copy? My books that were shipped from the US to elsewhere in the US still say they were printed and bound in the UK, so I'm assuming I received old copies of the 1st printing (which sorta makes me unhappy). Has anyone actually received any books that say they were printed in the US? Do we even know that books 3 and 4 would be printed in the US, or just the later books?
mvstang
Shrew

Postby mvstang » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:42 pm

mvstang wrote:
BlackCat wrote:The big question: is section 192 missing from all the reprinted book 3? I mean, they made the error, apologized and corrected it in a second print. Now, the section is missing again, but is it because it is an old book from the first print or a new one from the third print? :?
Does anyone actually have a 3rd print copy? My books that were shipped from the US to elsewhere in the US still say they were printed and bound in the UK, so I'm assuming I received old copies of the 1st printing (which sorta makes me unhappy). Has anyone actually received any books that say they were printed in the US? Do we even know that books 3 and 4 would be printed in the US, or just the later books?
Going to correct myself here, or at least add some new data.

I bought books 3 and 4 signed from Joe off ebay awhile back, I went and checked those as well, and although my #4 is screwed up, my #3 does contain section 192. It's also a little shorter and the binding is very flat and square, while the new ones are slightly taller and have rounded bindings (as described previously by others)

So that means to me that I have a signed 2nd printing of #3 (corrected) and my recently received 3rd printing of #3 goes back to having the missing section in it again.
Lycanthus
Stoat

Postby Lycanthus » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:56 pm

I have been told these are the new prints. :)
lonevvolf
Weasel

Postby lonevvolf » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:17 pm

I have emailed with Matthew regarding the flawed books, and he had this to say:

"We will, of course, refund all customers who are unhappy with their books - that goes without question.

At this time, we cannot replace these books, as replacements simply do not exist."

He also mentioned that they will cover the shipping, should I wish to return them for a refund.
KaiLord
Stoat

Postby KaiLord » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:25 am

In the midst of all the delays, reprints (3 out of 4 books so far failed quality control before being shipped), and disgruntled and disappointed fans....I can't help but wonder what Joe's take on all this is.

I got my book 1 almost a year ago. Then a reprint due to page issues. Then book 2 a couple months later. Then book 3 a couple months later. Then a reprint of book 3 a few weeks later due the 192 error.

Then...nothing for a loooong time now.

KL, who remembers jumping on the megadeal because it would be a new book every 4-6 weeks, plus novels, plus a replica Sommerswerd....
lonevvolf
Weasel

Postby lonevvolf » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:11 am

I think I'm probably more forgiving than you, but I can also clearly remember missing sections and incorrect links in the original books (I'm referring to the US Pacer prints here). Though, on the other hand, these books are MUCH more expensive than those were, or would be today.
pjagum
Weasel

Postby pjagum » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:01 am

I think we do all remember those things (at least the ones who read the former editions of lonewolf) but I do also remember how angry I was about that back than, so it was one reason for me, buying the collectors edition to get a bugfree version... till now that doesn`t really work. :(
Tabris
Stoat

Postby Tabris » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:32 pm

Wait a minute - Mongoose reprinted Books 3 and 4 from the original incorrect manuscripts, even after they did a special reprint for Book 3 due to errors?

That is just sad. How many thousands of dollars have these mistakes cost the company?