Blade of Blood: a question

Discuss Mongoose RPGs here, such as the OGL rulebooks, Jeremiah, Armageddon 2089 and Macho Women with Guns
parvatiquinta
Shrew

Blade of Blood: a question

Postby parvatiquinta » Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:23 pm

Does the Dark Cultist make his attacks with the Blade of Blood at his Magical Combat Skill, or at the "normal" one?
Federica alias Parvati V
--
IHGGera #1069, IAFa #182 ^^^
Methos
Mongoose

Postby Methos » Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:03 am

with the magical attack bonus
Xex

Postby Xex » Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:30 pm

I am not so sure about that. It sasy the blade of blood, Tier I, gets a +2 bonus to attk and damage. It says nothing about using the mab. Good question though.
August
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby August » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:02 pm

Though this is a magical manifestation, it ends up effectuively as a solid weapon wielded by the cultist. It was my intention not to have this weapon benefit from the Magical Combat skill, but as I did not explicitly state that this was the case, it could be ruled either way by a Games Master.

Magical Combat is mostly used for beams, rays, magical touch attacks, and other direct power manipulations (and of course the Wizard's staff, which is a weapon exception to the rule).

Hope this helps,
-August
"This is a blanket apology to every god I can think of and all the ones I don't know. I have no idea what I did or in which life I did it, but I am really sorry. Ummm, my bad."