Question on the Darklands

Discuss Mongoose RPGs here, such as the OGL rulebooks, Jeremiah, Armageddon 2089 and Macho Women with Guns
columbob
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Question on the Darklands

Postby columbob » Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:54 pm

On p. 144 of the rulebook, under Grievous Damage, it says that when a Darklord hits you, you need to take a Fortitude save with a DC equal to the damage of the attack +5. However, on p. 69 of the Darklands sourcebook, under The Gift of Destruction, the Darklords' Ruinous Strike only calls for a save at a DC equal to the damage inflicted.

So which is right and which is wrong? Does the Darklands rules supercede the rules from the main book, or is it simply an oversight?

Cheers!
Up the Irons!
August
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby August » Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:38 am

The Darklands supercedes the original rule; while playtesting the original rule with the stated Darklords in the supplement, it became very clear that the DC +5 was a litle TOO high. :)

-August
"This is a blanket apology to every god I can think of and all the ones I don't know. I have no idea what I did or in which life I did it, but I am really sorry. Ummm, my bad."
SableWyvern
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby SableWyvern » Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:59 am

I don't think I'll mention that rule change to the player whose character died at the hands of Barraka and the Dagger of Vashna last session (I was using a modified dagger, adding 1d6 damage and using Fort DC damage +5).

Ouch.
columbob
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby columbob » Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:18 pm

All right, thanks for clearing that up August! :)
Up the Irons!