Beyond the Rim

Discuss Mongoose RPGs here, such as the OGL rulebooks, Jeremiah, Armageddon 2089 and Macho Women with Guns
BuShips
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby BuShips » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:34 pm

Vortex wrote:That does make sense but it is also entirely possible that there actually is something between the galaxies that we just don't know about and don't understand. Especially if ancients have been going there since the beginning. Even if there originally was just empty space there, billions of years worth of ancients from a thousand galaxies could have made virtually anything there.
Don't let them fool you. It's just a very large old folks retirement villiage, where they play scrabble mostly. :wink:
©2002 Thomas Schmid, with permission. Visit http://www.3dhistory.de/.
Shadow Queen
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Shadow Queen » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:24 pm

a universe of death, destruction and anti-life.
“What do you hear?”
“Nothing but the rain,”
“Then grab your gun and bring in the cat,”

All painting Work on my photobucket is copywrite Derina Ramsey please ask if you wish to use.
cthol24601
Mongoose

Postby cthol24601 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:31 pm

There's always the futurama version

"The Near Death Star"

Where they are all plugged into a matrix imagining they are in a retirement home in Florida with other old races and complain about the younger generation for all eternity"
Ulkesh
Banded Mongoose

Postby Ulkesh » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:31 pm

Mongoose Steele wrote:Don't be too proud of this technological last, best hope you've constructed. The ability to unite the young races is insignificant next to the power of the Harbingers.
Don't you try and frighten us with those sorcerous ways of yours Lord Steele
I find your lack of faith disturbing...
*starts choking and coughing* Sorry about that, got something stuck in my throat there :P
"The avalanche has already started, it is too late for the pebbles to vote."
Shadow Queen
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Shadow Queen » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:35 pm

at least he didnt say "We could rule the galaxy as games writer and player."
“What do you hear?”
“Nothing but the rain,”
“Then grab your gun and bring in the cat,”

All painting Work on my photobucket is copywrite Derina Ramsey please ask if you wish to use.
elizzar
Weasel

Postby elizzar » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:14 pm

if it is the dark void between galaxies (the view i favour) then perhaps the first ones could be travelling towards the edge of the universe, where the younger, more recently formed galaxies lie, so that they can explore a fresh, new galaxy, and help any younger races they find there ... to start the cycle all over again
Nerroth
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Nerroth » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:46 pm

Rikki Tikki Traveller wrote:Sorry folks, but what is beyond the galaxy is 2,000,000 light years of NOTHING. THEN you get to the next galaxy. (yes, I know there are dwarf galaxies closer, but they don't have the metalicity to have habitable planets, so no life).
You mean, except for the two Magellanic Clouds - detailed in D&L as having several space-faring races (and in the Greater Cloud's case, a middleborn race quite willing and able to keep the Galactics out of what it claims as its own turf!) - though news from there has been short on the ground these past few million years, since the expeditionaries flew back to the Milky Way galaxy...
The above post is 100% unofficial.