2nd edition vs Atlantean Edition

Discuss Mongoose RPGs here, such as the OGL rulebooks, Jeremiah, Armageddon 2089 and Macho Women with Guns
therion666
Shrew

2nd edition vs Atlantean Edition

Postby therion666 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:38 am

I've got to ask this one really, I like the Atlantean Edition of Conan and with a few personal tweaks it works excellently.

However I have been contemplating buying the new second edition, trouble is I'm getting a little tired of buying a whole new set of books for the varying games.

Is the second edition book got so many extra spells, rule changes and other additionals to make it worth getting over and above the Atlantean edition?

Is the 2nd Edition compatible with the Atlantean Edition or will it make the Atlantean Ed defunked?
Hervé
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Hervé » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:41 am

Second Ed is certainly more complete, but there are no major changes between the two. You should check on Thulsa's site, hyboria.xoth, for a detailed list of Second Edition changes.
Hope it helps.
I talk to planets, baby.
sidkfjjteidlkkf
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby sidkfjjteidlkkf » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:42 am

TOTALLY COMPATIBLE!!!
John

Hey! What part of Initiative do you not understand!!!! WAITE YOUR TURN...
Harlock
Weasel

Postby Harlock » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:29 am

This is a bit of a relief for me. I've seen the 2nd ed briefly at the "local" (read 80 miles away) game store and despite it's being $10 than 1st ed was I was debating weather or not to buy it or spend on supplements. I'm leaning to other supplements. Now if I could only find a handful of players within reach.