Loren's ship

Discuss Mongoose RPGs here, such as the OGL rulebooks, Jeremiah, Armageddon 2089 and Macho Women with Guns
Shadow Queen
Cosmic Mongoose

Loren's ship

Postby Shadow Queen » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:33 pm

We see it dock with B5 and never see it depart, any Ideas Bry, or anybody?
“What do you hear?”
“Nothing but the rain,”
“Then grab your gun and bring in the cat,”

All painting Work on my photobucket is copywrite Derina Ramsey please ask if you wish to use.
B_Steele
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby B_Steele » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:38 pm

It was never fully covered, as far as I know...

...but it does give me a VERY good idea....

heh heh heh...

-Bry
Sapphire
Stoat

Postby Sapphire » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:08 pm

You know, everytime you laugh like that which I found itself disturbing. I finds your ideas to be scary... :!: :shock:

Cheers

Joe.
Shadow Queen
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Shadow Queen » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:31 pm

Sapphire wrote:You know, everytime you laugh like that which I found itself disturbing. I finds your ideas to be scary... :!: :shock:

Cheers

Joe.
Bry the sick puppy (the dilgar telepathic ability)
“What do you hear?”
“Nothing but the rain,”

All painting Work on my photobucket is copywrite Derina Ramsey please ask if you wish to use.
B_Steele
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby B_Steele » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:09 pm

You guys have NO idea what I'm capable of yet...

*rubs hands together evilly*
Shadow Queen
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Shadow Queen » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:11 pm

Just added a bit more to the NCIS artical, tho still no responce from Mr Longhurst
“What do you hear?”
“Nothing but the rain,”

ShadowScout
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby ShadowScout » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:49 am

Well, I always assumed it vanished mysteriously, beeing a construct made by Lorien just for the porpose of transporting Sheridan to B5... b ut that's just me of course, who denies his players and NPCs ultra-high tech to study...
ShadowScout
Roman A. Perner

"True understanding can be found only in the Shadow between light and dark..." - inscription on Z'ha'dum
Valarian
Banded Mongoose

Postby Valarian » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:59 am

I like that explanation ... demonstrates the power of Lorien in a nicely subtle way. Plus, just think of the dockworker's faces as the ship dissolves before their eyes. :D

Another alternative, the ship was Lorien.
Google Groups for FGII Games:
European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games
Sapphire
Stoat

Postby Sapphire » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:11 am

Or just an imagination of Lorien made real. He is after all oldest race in the galaxy. There must be things that not even Vorlons or Shadows can do.

Cheers

Joe
Gabriel_Luna
Banded Mongoose

Postby Gabriel_Luna » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:50 am

That was always my take on it too: that since he could do things like create a body to hang out on B5, not to mention completely hide his giant glowing sphere form from everyone on B5, I didn't see any reason for the ship to be anything more than a handy metaphor for Sheridan to ride in while he went home.

As above though, when there's an idea for a scenario centered around something as interesting as Lorien's ride, why not go for it?
"Why not," said Ford, "go mad?"
Timestheus
Stoat

Postby Timestheus » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:13 pm

Maybe the ship WAS Lorien. We never see inside it. For all we know Lorien has no one form and to get to Babylon 5 he became the ship.
Shadow Queen
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Shadow Queen » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:13 pm

the ship was behind them when he/it and JJS disembarked
“What do you hear?”
“Nothing but the rain,”

BuShips
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby BuShips » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:26 am

Lt.Dee wrote:the ship was behind them when he/it and JJS disembarked
That's just what he wanted you to see. :wink:
©2002 Thomas Schmid, with permission. Visit http://www.3dhistory.de/.
BuShips
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby BuShips » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:34 am

The ship was just a form containing Lorien's "center-of-being". He "thought" it into existence in order to carry Sheridan to B5. Later, he discarded it as a butterfly would a cocoon.

I'd like to think that when Sheridan gets back to B5, he is told that when the techs got into the ship it was an empty shell. Nothing inside, no engines, no bulkheads, nothing. Nada. Zilch. That way it's a bigger mystery. When Sheridan is told what they found, he just smiles. :wink:
Nightmares about Minbari
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Nightmares about Minbari » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:13 am

Alternatively, the ship was just a ship, built by some other first one race millions of years ago, that Lorien had kicking around as a disguise. No advanced tech, little more than a really old freighter from some long dead and forgotten race. Used it just to hide his presence, after all he was trying to be discrete, and if the ship were a projection of himself, or part of him, then shadow and vorlon spies might have been able to detect it.

Of course for all we know there might have been a whole race who have worshiped Lorien, and they might have built him a ship as a runnabout.

Basically there is nothing in the series that tells us who built the ship, what the ship was, whether it even existed. So make it whatever will serve the game best and HAVE SOME FUN!
N.A.M.
3:10:35:25
Gives me chills
I salute the Old Bear, never to be forgotten!
elizzar
Weasel

Postby elizzar » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:10 pm

the impression i get from lorien is that all the old ones know and respect him, but the shadows more than the others (delenn describes the shadows as old when the first ones rose), which is why they always return to z'ha'dum each time they are driven off, as a sign of respect for lorien / his people.
i like the idea he 'thought' the ship and it was, simply to take sheridan back to B5.
off topic slighty, there is a suggestion that one sheridan 'dies' at the end of sleeping in light, he is in fact the first human to become an energy being [as the first ones can], perhaps due to his connection with kosh and lorien.
i do like the first ones :D
BuShips
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby BuShips » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:48 pm

elizzar wrote:the impression i get from lorien is that all the old ones know and respect him, but the shadows more than the others (delenn describes the shadows as old when the first ones rose), which is why they always return to z'ha'dum each time they are driven off, as a sign of respect for lorien / his people.
i like the idea he 'thought' the ship and it was, simply to take sheridan back to B5.
off topic slighty, there is a suggestion that one sheridan 'dies' at the end of sleeping in light, he is in fact the first human to become an energy being [as the first ones can], perhaps due to his connection with kosh and lorien.
i do like the first ones :D
Sheridan might be the second, if you considered Jason Ironheart to be the first. :)
Giavonn
Weasel

Postby Giavonn » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:54 am

BuShips wrote: Sheridan might be the second, if you considered Jason Ironheart to be the first. :)
Hence, "I'll see you in a million years"? Wasn't that Jason's sign off?
"One!? What am I supposed to do with one?!"
BuShips
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby BuShips » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:01 pm

Giavonn wrote:
BuShips wrote: Sheridan might be the second, if you considered Jason Ironheart to be the first. :)
Hence, "I'll see you in a million years"? Wasn't that Jason's sign off?
Yep! :D
Vortex
Mongoose

Postby Vortex » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:38 pm

Giavonn wrote:
BuShips wrote:Hence, "I'll see you in a million years"? Wasn't that Jason's sign off?
Wow! Didn't remember that one. That IS cool.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a headache" Motto of the Psi Corps' Science Department