Paperback?

Discuss Mongoose RPGs here, such as the OGL rulebooks, Jeremiah, Armageddon 2089 and Macho Women with Guns
EvilRedEye
Stoat

Postby EvilRedEye » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:58 pm

I was being a bit cheeky with my copy the other day and opened it in a slightly irresponsible manner a few times (I live on the edge). It seemed fine, could have been a bit more rough with it. Didn't seem as if pages might fall out, I think Miko's must have been particularly defective.

My cover's also not brill, worst thing about it in my opinion.
Dobey Kweeg
Stoat

Postby Dobey Kweeg » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:47 am

Just to resurrect this thread a little.

The talk on another thread is of the paperback strategy being rethought - I'm presuming this means good things following the success of the Mega Deal and HBs - so a wider distribution to Borders and the like, in a similar manner to the rereleased Fighting Fantasy books. If I'm wrong on that score, please let me know!

What I'd really like to know is just what the time frame is likely to be -2008 was mentioned, but does anyone Mongoose way have something slightly more precise about when to expect it?
Dobey Kweeg
Stoat

Postby Dobey Kweeg » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:03 pm

Can I bump this - any word on the paperback schedule from someone in the know, even if the word is no word?
Dobey Kweeg
Stoat

Postby Dobey Kweeg » Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:21 pm

weekly bump
EvilRedEye
Stoat

Postby EvilRedEye » Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:04 pm

Balgin Stondraeg wrote:Don't worry there, only Miko's had any pages fall out so far.
Misread that as 'Mika'. I thought it was odd for a quirky pop-star to be into Lone Wolf.
Balgin Stondraeg
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Balgin Stondraeg » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:10 pm

EvilRedEye wrote:I think Miko's must have been particularly defective.
Or very badly treated by it's owner. :p

Sorry to write that but I wrote a much longer version about how the books were getting delayed just as one guy was constantly complaining about them over on TOTS a while back. It was a very opinionated rant about how people should treat books properly and how you shouldn't expect to open a hardback as far as he wanted to anyway without damaging it.

I tried not to keep it personal that time and I'm trying again (although that doesn't mean that I'm succeeding :p).
Balgin Stondraeg, proud member of Clan Stondraeg, son of Guthram, husband of Urwena, brother to Hengrek, Murnak and Dradan. Father of Cigfa. Miserable old fool to disrespectful friends.
Yogah of Yag
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Yogah of Yag » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:27 am

Any word about the paperback schedule yet?
All I've got is the CE of FftD, and was looking forward to buying the other 4, but due to the well-known quality issues, I may have to get PB's instead. :(

The quality complaints about the Conan 2E rulebook are heaping up as well. :?
eviltb
Shrew

Postby eviltb » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:28 am

Id hate/love* to let you guys look at my original LW book collection, especially some of the older books (which I believe are original printings). Paper-backed, dog-eared, torn pages, finger-prints, and *shockhorror* pencil marks on the original Action Charts!! No missing or loose pages though, which I guess is something.....

*delete as appropriate, dependant on heart condition

:lol:
"i've got better things to do tonight then die!" - Springer

beowuuf
Banded Mongoose

Postby beowuuf » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:36 pm

I can go one better - all my LW originals up to book 9 are coloured in with a selection of six colouring pencils. No real reason, just decided to do it one time.

It personalises them at least, and when you are clouring stuff you appreciate some of the small details. Still, can't imagine any collector jumping at the chance to own them :D
eviltb
Shrew

Postby eviltb » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:48 pm

Getting back on track, Amazong UK have this listed as a Jan 7th release.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1906 ... pe_snp_259

Now I know we shouldnt trust retailers as most've us are buying direct from the 'goose. But still, were do they get their info from?????
"i've got better things to do tonight then die!" - Springer

Balgin Stondraeg
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Balgin Stondraeg » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:36 pm

eviltb wrote:Getting back on track, Amazong UK have this listed as a Jan 7th release.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1906 ... pe_snp_259

Now I know we shouldnt trust retailers as most've us are buying direct from the 'goose. But still, were do they get their info from?????
It's probably an old release date for the book 4 hardback (and since they're getting the paperback there's no way that's an accurate time).
Balgin Stondraeg, proud member of Clan Stondraeg, son of Guthram, husband of Urwena, brother to Hengrek, Murnak and Dradan. Father of Cigfa. Miserable old fool to disrespectful friends.
Dobey Kweeg
Stoat

Postby Dobey Kweeg » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:35 pm

Just to bump this again - any news on the paper backs?
Dobey Kweeg
Stoat

Postby Dobey Kweeg » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:06 am

another week, the same question...

any news on the pb launch?
pelethar
Cub

Postby pelethar » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:37 pm

Nice work keeping this one current Dobey. Come on guys - has anyone got anything to contribute here? Just a few words from someone reassuring us that the pb's haven't been completely forgotten about would be nice.......
msprange
Site Admin

Postby msprange » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:43 pm

Hi guys,

Update on softbacks.

We had a minor technical issue with them last year, but that was quickly resolved.

The delay is to ensure they reach the US book stores at the same time as the UK chains. Dealing with the book market with these books is very different from dealing with them with RPGs, and we want to get it right - after all, Lone Wolf deserves the best start he can possibly get!

We are expecting to get them moving later in the year.
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
pelethar
Cub

Postby pelethar » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:34 am

Thanks for update Matthew. Can you be any more accurate than later this year though, given that the year's only just started? Are we talking weeks or months?
Ningauble
Weasel

Postby Ningauble » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:06 pm

*bump*
Omote
Weasel

Postby Omote » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:00 am

Later in the year... That cold me a great many different times. I for one am not sure if I can wait that much longer *gulp* Let's hope these releases are seen in the summer months.

-O
"My god is weird. My god is scared. My god taints a pretty pictue." - KT
Ningauble
Weasel

Postby Ningauble » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:49 pm

Omote wrote:Later in the year... That cold me a great many different times. I for one am not sure if I can wait that much longer *gulp* Let's hope these releases are seen in the summer months.

-O
At the moment, judging from the Upcoming page, it doesn't seem as if the pb's will appear before August...
RatedRWolf
Weasel

Postby RatedRWolf » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:15 am

Still no news about paperbacks, I see...
Come on guys, how long does it take to print some soft-cover books? :wink: