Time to bitch about the non-colour 2nd edition

Discuss Mongoose RPGs here, such as the OGL rulebooks, Jeremiah, Armageddon 2089 and Macho Women with Guns
lastbesthope
Executive Mongoose

Postby lastbesthope » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:30 pm

I thin it's to do with the different grade of paper used for colour printing, I too have noticed less problems with the colour titles.

LBH
I'll live forever, heaven won't let me in and hell's afraid I'll take over!!!

Mongoose Accolades
MongooseMatt
Site Admin

Postby MongooseMatt » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:37 pm

We now use the same grade (though slightly different texture) for both. We have since had no more problems of this nature.
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
lastbesthope
Executive Mongoose

Postby lastbesthope » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:41 pm

Good, I'm looking forward to this month's releases.

And some of them are B&W

LBH

Mongoose Accolades
Celisasu
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Celisasu » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:12 am

That's good to hear. Of course I'm not sure what my next B&W product is going to be. The Victory at Sea suppliment I'm guessing(that's going to be in B&W right?). I know Cthulhutech is color which I hope arrives this week although with my luck it'll be next week so that won't let me know. :lol:
lastbesthope
Executive Mongoose

Postby lastbesthope » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:42 pm

B5 RPG Lurker's Guide to Starports is B&W I think, that's on distributor's lists for this week in the UK.

LBH

Mongoose Accolades
Celisasu
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Celisasu » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:55 pm

I'm not planning on getting that one. Limited money means I have to pick and choose my stuff. Cthulhutech and Victory at Sea won this round. Starports is so low on the list of stuff I'm seeking that it's unlikely I'll get it unless something happens like with The Rim where I go to my local FLGS and see a copy when I have extra cash on hand.
Keraii
Cub

Postby Keraii » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:36 am

Black and white is the worst decision ever made - especially since it is obvoius that the artwork was meant to be in color. If your printers are charging more than $5 extra per copy just to make it color - then you are being ripped off.

Yes you are.

And now we are.

I am sending my copy back. :cry:

/Molly
Kuzma, Zamorian Thief 4/Temptress 2
The King
Chief Mongoose
Location: City of Wonders, Valusia (before the major cataclysm)

Postby The King » Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:29 pm

Keraii wrote:Black and white is the worst decision ever made - especially since it is obvoius that the artwork was meant to be in color. If your printers are charging more than $5 extra per copy just to make it color - then you are being ripped off.

Yes you are.

And now we are.

I am sending my copy back. :cry:

/Molly
Vincent Darlage doesn't share your opinion and said the art was expressly done for B/W printing: http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB ... 17&start=0

I don't have the books yet, but I still think color would have been better.

As to the color printing, I guess Mongoose could do it the same way because they bought a printing machine to lower the overall printing cost.
An American-style kitchen is a kitchen in the living room.
A French-style toilet has toilet in the living room.
My neighbours combine both styles.
VincentDarlage
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby VincentDarlage » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:12 pm

The King wrote:Vincent Darlage doesn't share your opinion and said the art was expressly done for B/W printing.
I said "some" of the art (the new art) is done this way, although, other than the maps, there are only a few pieces of art that was originally in colour. The book is almost all text, which I like.

Also, she may be talking about the 2E core book, not Return to the Road of Kings.
Harlock
Weasel

Postby Harlock » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:26 am

Time for a reality check here. Full colour on every page costs lots extra. I for one cannot justify paying $50 to $70 for each and every rulebook. For those who havent noticed, the rpg hobby has shrunk by a shocking amount in the past 15 years. We dont need another huge reason for even more players to get out of this hobby. I'm not kidding, out in the boonies where I now live I cannot find one single solitary player other than myself. I hafta go into toronto to even get any conan stuff, and only found it in 1 of 3 remaining game stores out of many I used to frequent. Myself I'm at the point where I seriously wonder how much longer I'll be involved in this hobby, after all why should I keep on going, spending on more rulebooks when I'm the only one for 100 or more miles?