Conan 2e has hit the stores

Discuss Mongoose RPGs here, such as the OGL rulebooks, Jeremiah, Armageddon 2089 and Macho Women with Guns
SnowDog
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Conan 2e has hit the stores

Postby SnowDog » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:42 am

I write this in case someone doesn't already know. I just saw 2e yesterday in my local store.

It looked pretty impressive and I liked the new border graphics better than the old ones. Greyscale interior didn't bother me at all although there was one thing that might have been better to consider through. 2e uses a lot of 1e pictures and while most of them work just fine in BW those weapons don't because of all the red that had stained them in the previous editions has now turned to black. Not a major issue.

Unfortunately my gaming budget is sort of limited at the moment and the book came out a bit too late so I left it to the shelf for the moment. Me and my group has been working on starting again an old campaing (totally different game) and they would have a fit if I have bought the book and said that we'll be playing this next month. Of course this could happen if I manage to do a TPK in a very short period of time :twisted:

Anyway, the book felt good and I am still waiting to read some more reviews about it (because I might end up still buying it) before my soon to start campaing ends.
"This is my way to run games. There are many ways to run games but this is mine."
Padre
Banded Mongoose

Postby Padre » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:48 am

I'm still waiting for a review. After The Long Cold Wait I'm not excited enough to just go and buy it, like I did during "the good times".
The Gods told me to relax.
SnowDog
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby SnowDog » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:16 pm

Yes, well what happened with 1st ed an AE (I stuck with 1st edition never buying the AE) and a game of Conan not in sight in near future I decided to bide my time although this edition is bigger than previous ones and costs "only" 40 € instead of 45 - 50 € that I paid for the first edition.

Well, I try and steer my upcoming game to more conanish style but let's see what happens. At least there will be a multiple possibilities for combat, even against pretty tough ones so I can see some PC casualties coming. Not that I wish it :evil:
"This is my way to run games. There are many ways to run games but this is mine."
DaveNC
Mongoose

Postby DaveNC » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:40 pm

I preordered mine and should be here fairly soon. I'm a little disappointed with the greyscale interiors.

Still waiting for some reviews though...
"The victim's body turned purple and then black, and within a few minutes he sank down dying, and the stench of his own putrefaction was in his nostrils even before death wrenched his soul from his rotting body."
-REH, The Hour of the Dragon