Dilgar and Dilgar War

Discuss Mongoose RPGs here, such as the OGL rulebooks, Jeremiah, Armageddon 2089 and Macho Women with Guns
Mage Ash
Stoat

Dilgar and Dilgar War

Postby Mage Ash » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:14 am

I was wondering if Mongoose Publishing was ever planning on creating a rpg supplement that covers both the Dilgar race and the Dilgar War.
"As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. It is in such twilight that we all must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we becomes victims of the darkness." --Justice William O. Douglas
Gabriel_Luna
Banded Mongoose

Postby Gabriel_Luna » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:22 am

The 2nd edition supplement Heroes and Aliens has a writeup and racial stats for the Dilgar. Not a timeline for the war or anything, but at least you can make NPCs, should you need them.
"Why not," said Ford, "go mad?"
Shadow Queen
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Shadow Queen » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:51 am

the timeline can be found in the EarthForce Campaign book (first edition)
“What do you hear?”
“Nothing but the rain,”
“Then grab your gun and bring in the cat,”

All painting Work on my photobucket is copywrite Derina Ramsey please ask if you wish to use.
Mage Ash
Stoat

Postby Mage Ash » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:45 pm

Right, I guess I forgot about those two sources (I own them both) when I made this thread. Its not so easy to remember all when you have dozens of sourcebooks each giving pieces of the information. :)

I guess the real point of this thread was to ask if there was any hope for an actual Dilgar War supplement.
"As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. It is in such twilight that we all must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we becomes victims of the darkness." --Justice William O. Douglas
Shadow Queen
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Shadow Queen » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:42 pm

You could do an artical for S&P but make sure you have a backup,
“What do you hear?”
“Nothing but the rain,”
“Then grab your gun and bring in the cat,”

All painting Work on my photobucket is copywrite Derina Ramsey please ask if you wish to use.
Nerroth
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Nerroth » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:44 am

Not just for the old Dilgar Imperium - it would be great for the book to also go crazy about the rise of the Ghosts of Omelos!

Not only are there interesting pieces of data out there for the Ghosts already, one of the addtions to the Drakh sourcebook would be very relevant for the Ghosts' long-term plans...

Gary
The above post is 100% unofficial.
Aramanthus
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Aramanthus » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:16 pm

You know I could see some of the Dilgar survivors being recruited by the Drahk. They would make good Shadow servants.
Londo to Vir: "What do you want, you moon-faced assassin of joy?"
ShadowScout
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby ShadowScout » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:55 pm

You know I could see some of the Dilgar survivors being recruited by the Drahk. They would make good Shadow servants.
...though only as long as the Shadows were around to keep them in line - serving the Drakh would not go well with their pride...

Yees, I did a whole "Neo-Dilgar" BG for my campaign...
ShadowScout
Roman A. Perner

"True understanding can be found only in the Shadow between light and dark..." - inscription on Z'ha'dum
tneva82
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby tneva82 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:27 pm

Aramanthus wrote:You know I could see some of the Dilgar survivors being recruited by the Drahk. They would make good Shadow servants.

Too bad official(ie truth) is that they are all dead. Can't really arque against person who created the setting...
皆と友達ができませんが皆に友好的ができます

You can't be friend with everybody but you can be friendly to everybody
Nerroth
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Nerroth » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:38 pm

Or maybe you've just been taken in by the Ghosts' carefully-planned propaganda!

According to the RPG, the Ghosts are official - and that's good enough for me.

Gary
The above post is 100% unofficial.
tneva82
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby tneva82 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:50 pm

Nerroth wrote:Or maybe you've just been taken in by the Ghosts' carefully-planned propaganda!

According to the RPG, the Ghosts are official - and that's good enough for me.

Gary
For me JMS>RPG.

Who's the one who created B5? Mongoose or JMS? Where I stand JMS has "slightly" more authority as far as B5 universum goes to say the least.

JMS said that Dilgars are all dead. Wham. Deathwalker was last of them and Deathwalker was blasted to bits by Vorlon ship.
皆と友達ができませんが皆に友好的ができます

You can't be friend with everybody but you can be friendly to everybody
Mongoose Gar
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Mongoose Gar » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:15 am

Without getting into the debate about what's canon or not - canon is pretty much irrelevant for *your* game. Your B5 will vary, to borrow the phrase from the Glorantha forum next door.
Ghost2020
Mongoose

Postby Ghost2020 » Thu May 17, 2007 9:06 pm

Yup. Your game dude.

Oh yeah, the Dilgar in their wiley and sneaky ways might still have a small colony somewhere waiting to unleash their final retribution.

Heck, that'd be a great IPX campaign that could bleed into an Earthforce game.

I'm so using that!
Gabriel_Luna
Banded Mongoose

Postby Gabriel_Luna » Thu May 17, 2007 9:39 pm

First off, yeah, canon is your call, so if you like the idea use it.

That being said, I've always leaned toward few if any Dilgar. I can't imagine that the League would have left any colony standing, but a few tough veterans might have been clever enough to hide for a while. As an organized group, my vote is no, no Dilgar left. As individuals, I think there have to be a few out there that have managed to hide. Deathwalker hid with the Minbari. Perhaps others went far enough away, or paid off some people to hide them or even took shelter with the Drakh. It's a big universe and it's hard for me to imagine that every single member of a species got wiped out.
"Why not," said Ford, "go mad?"
El Cid
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby El Cid » Thu May 17, 2007 10:28 pm

In one of my games, a stranded Earthforce pilot discovered a small Dilgar village in the jungle of an "uninhabited" planet.

They were the "peacenik" types who had fled their space when it became obvious that their leaders were going to lead them into war.

They live with very primitive tech (earth middle ages) and are non-violent.

As GM, you have the final say in your game.

Sidney
R Arceneaux
Mongoose

El is right

Postby R Arceneaux » Fri May 18, 2007 2:33 am

EL is right. Who is to say that a few Dilgar did not slip thru the cracks.

Is it not possible that one or two small research ships or exploratory ships at the edges of the known universe may have been away and unable to be located. Seeing upon return the fate of their planet they hid out on the fringes,exiles from society.

IF one of a species can be hidden from public view for an extended period of time then a small ship landing and living where few if any go can surely if cautious, subsist.

Probably, naaa. Possible, only remotely but sometimes only remotely is all you need to create the realm of reality.

R Arceneaux
Bester was right.
The universe belongs to the superior species.
zalen
Shrew

Postby zalen » Fri May 18, 2007 11:40 am

I only have 2 books for babylon 5 rpg at this time (Main book, and the starships book). Is there plans to do the 2nd ed stats for the dilgar war era ships and technology, as i've just seen the recognition guide from the (Call to Arms), table top mini's game and love the look of the dilgar ships.