CthulhuTech!

Discuss Mongoose RPGs here, such as the OGL rulebooks, Jeremiah, Armageddon 2089 and Macho Women with Guns
User avatar
lastbesthope
Executive Mongoose
Posts: 19697
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:27 pm
Location: Bristol, UK
Contact:

Postby lastbesthope » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:10 pm

Alexb83 wrote:Pushed back again, a bit - are we likely to see this at the open day in August, or is that too much to hope for?
I asked this on another thread and here was Matt's reply.

msprange wrote:At this time, unknown. . .
LBH
I'll live forever, heaven won't let me in and hell's afraid I'll take over!!!

Mongoose Accolades
Mike V
Weasel
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:20 am
Location: Lynnwood, WA

Postby Mike V » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:05 pm

I've been helping Matthew handle final proofs over the last 3 days. All the art is finished, all the writing is finished, we're just wrapping up minor layout issues. Everything will be print ready on Thursday. It's only a matter of days now folks. If Mongoose doesn't have preview copies at open day, I'll be surprised.
User avatar
Alexb83
Duck-Billed Mongoose
Posts: 1708
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:15 am
Location: Devizes, UK

Postby Alexb83 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:08 pm

I was hoping for something to take home with me - if it's printable, then the only difference between the 3rd and 13th is quantity made.

Still, patience is a virtue...
Cats! I'm being nibbled to death by cats.

My Photobucket: http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l69/Alexb83/
Mike V
Weasel
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:20 am
Location: Lynnwood, WA

Postby Mike V » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:17 pm

Everything should be finished @ or somewhere around 12:00 Pacific time today. At that point it all depends on how quickly the printing process takes.
User avatar
Alexb83
Duck-Billed Mongoose
Posts: 1708
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:15 am
Location: Devizes, UK

Postby Alexb83 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:07 am

I'm actually really enthused; between the artwork seen so far and the snippets of the game system shown over on the ctech boards, this game looks like it could be really good fun.

Been trying to dream up a campaign - the only problem is there's too many choices on what to play; do you go with an all-action battlefront type game for Mecha/Engel pilots, a small squad-type NEG infantry game in some backwater, suddenly overwhelmed by tentacled horrors, or (my personal favourite and probably the most cinematic) a small film-noire cyperpunk crawl through the Arcologies with members of the Eldritch Society waging clandestine war against the denizens of the underworld.
The only downer I can see is that it might be hard to cross these story paths over each other - I imagine their pace and scale are just too different.

Will we be able to get an online game up on the mongoose site? I'm thinking PBEM would be a good format.
Cats! I'm being nibbled to death by cats.

My Photobucket: http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l69/Alexb83/
Mike V
Weasel
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:20 am
Location: Lynnwood, WA

Postby Mike V » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:17 pm

Alexb83 wrote:I'm actually really enthused; between the artwork seen so far and the snippets of the game system shown over on the ctech boards, this game looks like it could be really good fun.

Been trying to dream up a campaign - the only problem is there's too many choices on what to play; do you go with an all-action battlefront type game for Mecha/Engel pilots, a small squad-type NEG infantry game in some backwater, suddenly overwhelmed by tentacled horrors, or (my personal favourite and probably the most cinematic) a small film-noire cyperpunk crawl through the Arcologies with members of the Eldritch Society waging clandestine war against the denizens of the underworld.
The only downer I can see is that it might be hard to cross these story paths over each other - I imagine their pace and scale are just too different.

Will we be able to get an online game up on the mongoose site? I'm thinking PBEM would be a good format.
Don't forget, you can play as an NEG combat soldier acting as a SWAT team member, a mech pilot that uses power armor for riot control or exterior arcology patrols. On the production front, the core book is entirely finished and the pdf documents are in mongooses hands for print. We're eagerly awaiting final print proofs from Mongoose.
User avatar
Alexb83
Duck-Billed Mongoose
Posts: 1708
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:15 am
Location: Devizes, UK

Postby Alexb83 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:28 am

I look forward to getting hands on with the timeline and metaplot - I think tbh the most interesting thing you could do is actually run an inter-linked series of games with different characters.

The beauty of the way it's layed out seems to be the variety of story types, but the overriding theme.

I guess the downer would be the disconnect between characters when moving from one narrative to the next.
Cats! I'm being nibbled to death by cats.

My Photobucket: http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l69/Alexb83/
Mike V
Weasel
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:20 am
Location: Lynnwood, WA

Postby Mike V » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:41 pm

Alexb83 wrote:I look forward to getting hands on with the timeline and metaplot - I think tbh the most interesting thing you could do is actually run an inter-linked series of games with different characters.

The beauty of the way it's layed out seems to be the variety of story types, but the overriding theme.

I guess the downer would be the disconnect between characters when moving from one narrative to the next.
I'm personally going to be running 2 campaigns, one campaign is going to be an NEG front lines campaign and the second will be an eldritch society campaign. The story arc will eventually have them running into eachother and instead of being enemies they have to team up to survive. There are many different ways to approach the material, it all hinges on how good of a story teller the gm is.
Kyorou
Mongoose
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:00 am

Postby Kyorou » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:26 pm

Any news ?

Please please please please please please please please...
Mike V
Weasel
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:20 am
Location: Lynnwood, WA

Postby Mike V » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:47 pm

Kyorou wrote:Any news ?

Please please please please please please please please...
We should have our galley copies tomorrow (we're in Seattle, WA). We'll spend the weekend combing over the book to make sure everything is perfect. Once that's done, the presses will fire up and you should receive your copy shortly there after:D

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 34 guests