Anyone read the drahk book?

Discuss Mongoose RPGs here, such as the OGL rulebooks, Jeremiah, Armageddon 2089 and Macho Women with Guns
Mage
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Anyone read the drahk book?

Postby Mage » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:09 am

I'm doing a ranger campaign set during crusade. AS the drahk will be the antagonists, I would like to know if the Drahk book ius any good, fairly priced and get an overall review of it from one of you guys. What are the rules for Drahk, their keepers and ships like?
I remember in one of the ast episodes where the strapped londo down and there was a drahk there, not to mention 2 0r 3 other aliens that looked like greys accept the same size as humans and with the same skin pigmentation. What were they and is their information on them in this book?
Ulkesh
Banded Mongoose

Postby Ulkesh » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:21 pm

I'm doing a ranger campaign set during crusade. AS the drahk will be the antagonists, I would like to know if the Drahk book ius any good, fairly priced and get an overall review of it from one of you guys. What are the rules for Drahk, their keepers and ships like?
I have the Drakh book, i quite like it though there are a number of things I personally disagree with, but otherwise its nice.

It covers a range of Drakh weapons, ships and biotechnology they use like the Keepers (different types of that creature). Also a list of Shadow technology they personally have access to from the remains of Z'ha'dum. Also a number of plots that the Drakh are conducting as well as how to roleplay the Drakh is present. There history is there as well and motivations as well as how they operate.

Several Drakh prestige classes are present as well.
I remember in one of the ast episodes where the strapped londo down and there was a drahk there, not to mention 2 0r 3 other aliens that looked like greys accept the same size as humans and with the same skin pigmentation. What were they and is their information on them in this book?
Those werent Drakh. The Drakh have an open caste based structure similar to the Minbari (ironically). Those aliens are mentioned in the Shadows and Light book which talks about the Shadows and the Vorlons namely their servants but its just a mention, not as much detail as say the Drakh get in their book.
Shadow Queen
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Shadow Queen » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:36 pm

Like the Drakh Technomage and the Tech keeper as well as the differant Clans and planets and stations and Corps

The Drakh book was the 3rd or 4th i got
“What do you hear?”
“Nothing but the rain,”
“Then grab your gun and bring in the cat,”

All painting Work on my photobucket is copywrite Derina Ramsey please ask if you wish to use.
Mage
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby Mage » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:07 pm

So there are drahk technomages? This ever appear in crusade, or is it fluff
Ulkesh
Banded Mongoose

Postby Ulkesh » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:55 pm

Mage wrote:So there are drahk technomages? This ever appear in crusade, or is it fluff
There are no mention of any Drakh technomages in the books or in the show but the Drakh are known to tbe the ones responsible for making new 'tech' for the Mages.

Also, in the book, it mentions that all the Drakhs experiments with making technomages have been a failure and that there is some vital element missing for them.
Shadow Queen
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Shadow Queen » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:27 pm

Ulkesh wrote:
Mage wrote:So there are drahk technomages? This ever appear in crusade, or is it fluff
There are no mention of any Drakh technomages in the books or in the show but the Drakh are known to tbe the ones responsible for making new 'tech' for the Mages.

Also, in the book, it mentions that all the Drakhs experiments with making technomages have been a failure and that there is some vital element missing for them.
whats on page 37 to page 42? Drakh Technomage
“What do you hear?”
“Nothing but the rain,”

All painting Work on my photobucket is copywrite Derina Ramsey please ask if you wish to use.
Mongoose Gar
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Mongoose Gar » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:36 pm

Darkness & Light wrote:whats on page 37 to page 42? Drakh Technomage
Yeah, but the Drakh consider that a failure. Chaotic degredation (penalty to ability scores whenever you gain a level or roll a natural 1 on a Magery check) means that all Drakh Technomages get sick, go nuts, or turn into vegetables within a short time (as the Drakh reckon time). They're powerful, but very unstable.
Mage
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby Mage » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:30 am

Hah, vegetable Drahk. That would be cool. *Drools*
thedarkelf007
Mongoose

Postby thedarkelf007 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:13 am

One of the other things about the Drahk techonomages are they lack the "real" technomages as teachers.

And the big issue, the show tech is aware that it was not made for the Drahk and does not work as efficiently for them as it does others.

I know there are game rules there, but I don't have the book handy.

I liked that the Drakh gain a faction influence, which can be used by characters as under another name...

Plus the expansion of the information about them was quite interesting to read through. They really do feel like the Shadows version of the minbari.
-------
Martin

Longterm GM and loves the 2nd Ed B5 rules
Ulkesh
Banded Mongoose

Postby Ulkesh » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:03 pm

Darkness & Light wrote:whats on page 37 to page 42? Drakh Technomage
I was talking about beyond the rpg book, the novels and show dont make mention or show the idea of Drakh Technomages. Since I was responding to Mages question about whether Drakh Technomages appear on the show or if its fluff point.

Though, supposedly, the final episode of Crusade was going to have a secret EA black op project make proto-technomages.
frobisher
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby frobisher » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:09 pm

Ulkesh wrote:Though, supposedly, the final episode of Crusade was going to have a secret EA black op project make proto-technomages.
Not really - they were Shadow Tech equivalents of the Ikaran Warriors we saw in "Infection" - no self will or the like, just drones with a mission. Though their main purpose in the script was for the shock value as Galen gains himself Shadow Bio Armour like theirs in order to fight them, thereby revealing the provinence of his technology to Captain Gideon.
Paddy Sinclair

Us Yellowbeards are never more dangerous than when we're dead...
Mage
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby Mage » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:29 pm

That show really did have some potential (Crusade). That stuff about the earth black ops sounds really, really cool.

Who knows, maybe with the new B5 stuff that JMS is doing he may do that? Heck, even a suppliment for the RPG would be cool:
Earth Alliance Shadow Ops.
Ulkesh
Banded Mongoose

Postby Ulkesh » Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:29 pm

frobisher wrote:Not really - they were Shadow Tech equivalents of the Ikaran Warriors we saw in "Infection" - no self will or the like, just drones with a mission. Though their main purpose in the script was for the shock value as Galen gains himself Shadow Bio Armour like theirs in order to fight them, thereby revealing the provinence of his technology to Captain Gideon.
That is probably a better description but only meant proto-technomage because of that shadow skin bioarmour as you said. I think I heard that once Galen saw the 'woman with a skin black as space' she would make a scream that sounded like the scream emitted from a shadow ship. Could be wrong there because its been a while since I read it.

Does the EA book hold any of the black projects? Its one of the few books I dont have so not sure about its contents... and the PSI corps book is the other one I dont have so not sure about the secret projects of the Earth Alliance.
Mage
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby Mage » Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:57 pm

I don't think the secret projects with shadow tech would be linked to the psy core book, but it woudl be cool to have a book with shadow teach, and build up from what happens in the series and crusade, as well as build up on what is speculated at. That would totally friggin rock.
Gabriel_Luna
Banded Mongoose

Postby Gabriel_Luna » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:53 pm

That's actually the main theme of my upcoming game. I'm really looking forward to putting my players through their paces, and seeing how they stand up to the plots of both the Drakh and Earth's legacy of Shadow tech.
"Why not," said Ford, "go mad?"
Shadow Queen
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Shadow Queen » Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:38 pm

Ah Crusade's lost tails thought it was a shadow pinion Galen comuned with
“What do you hear?”
“Nothing but the rain,”

qstor
Banded Mongoose

Postby qstor » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:34 am

twp questions where is the mention that the drakh went to Minbari space? I saw it in the book but where else is this from?

2. where is it mentioned of the second white star going to Zhahadum?
"Hate is baggage. Life's too short to go around pissed off all the time" Edward Furlong - American History X
Shadow Queen
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Shadow Queen » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:34 am

1 Season 4 of the show its in the book but i not read it for some time.

2 to find the Captain at the start of season 4
“What do you hear?”
“Nothing but the rain,”

qstor
Banded Mongoose

Postby qstor » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:14 pm

Shadow Queen wrote:1 Season 4 of the show its in the book but i not read it for some time.

2 to find the Captain at the start of season 4
Thanks Shadow Queen I better dig out my Season 4 DVD's.

Mike
"Hate is baggage. Life's too short to go around pissed off all the time" Edward Furlong - American History X
Shadow Queen
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Shadow Queen » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:26 pm

no problem

Geekess at your service
“What do you hear?”
“Nothing but the rain,”