Temptress

Discuss Mongoose RPGs here, such as the OGL rulebooks, Jeremiah, Armageddon 2089 and Macho Women with Guns

How often do you use the Temptress class?

Often
25%
Sometimes
28%
Seldom
47%

Total votes: 36
René
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Temptress

Postby René » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:47 pm

How often do you use this class in your game? Do your players have a Temptress as character?
The ancient empires fall, the dark-skinned peoples fade and even the demons of antiquity gasp their last, but over all stands the Aryan barbarian, white-skinned, cold-eyed, dominant, the supreme figthing man of the earth. (REH, Wings in the night)
Sutek
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby Sutek » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:47 pm

I do have a Nobel/Temptress in my group and she loves the manipulative "powers" of the class. The SSneak Attack makes her one of the more deadly member of the group under the right circumstances.
AE Errata Thread
"Occam's razor makes the cutting clean..."
Raven Blackwell
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Raven Blackwell » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:40 pm

Again surprisingly I get a lot of them too as PCs and NPCs. My Dark Conan Sourcebook is slowly filling up with them too. After all virtually every female character in the stories is a Temptress.....
"People think magic's a way of transforming reality- but in the end, you find that what you've really transformed is yourself."

-John Constantine, Hellblazer
Thamilon
Weasel

Postby Thamilon » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:04 am

One of my players (ironically, the most relatively innocent of the group) is playing a temptress/thief to great effect. So far, her most notorious act has been, with her twin sister (an equally charasmatic sorceress), seducing and then selling into slavery the slaver who recruited the party thief into trying to drug them and sell them.

Honor among thieves? Not really. The thief has been smitten on the temptress since he got caught in range of a Dance of Desire and he figured "I sell her off, I'll never get to see that again..."
Ganconer
Weasel

Postby Ganconer » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:06 pm

There are 2 women in my gaming group, one is playing a pirate/temptress. The other is playing a Dervish which has temptress in there somewhere.
simon_grimm
Cub

Postby simon_grimm » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:47 pm

My last group I was in used one - after the sole female player read Hyboria's Fallen, she realized how playable the class is. She's planning another for the group I'm running now.
toothill man
Warlord Mongoose

Postby toothill man » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:47 am

as NPC at the moment but brilliant as a pc too(hint,hint)
Everybody here paints himself red and eats monkeys
DaveNC
Mongoose

Postby DaveNC » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:55 am

I plan on introducing a recurring NPC Temptress to my compaign soon. I have high hopes for her (if you can have high hopes for a Temptress...).
"The victim's body turned purple and then black, and within a few minutes he sank down dying, and the stench of his own putrefaction was in his nostrils even before death wrenched his soul from his rotting body."
-REH, The Hour of the Dragon
Conan-the-Librarian
Weasel

Postby Conan-the-Librarian » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:53 am

DaveNC wrote:I have high hopes for her (if you can have high hopes for a Temptress...).
Isn't that what a Temptress specializes in... engendering "high hopes" in others (usually regarding what she can potentially "provide" to them). ;)
"Don't you know the Dewey Decimal System!!?"