Minbari hand-held weapons

Discuss Mongoose RPGs here, such as the OGL rulebooks, Jeremiah, Armageddon 2089 and Macho Women with Guns
Igor
Cub

Minbari hand-held weapons

Postby Igor » Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:16 pm

Does someone know characteristics for following weapons: laser rifle, heavy molecular rifle, heavy gravitic cannon, strike laser, wing pack and crystal grenades. These weapons listed on page 82 (Minbari Factbook), but I can’t find their description.
No one here is exactly what he appears.
rook111
Mongoose

Postby rook111 » Sat Jan 31, 2004 11:47 am

Laser Rifle- No Laser Rifle this is probably the Sha'Nar Fusion Rifle page139

Crystal Grenade- Is probably the Shard Grenade also on page 139

Your guess is as good as mine on the others.
CARTMAG
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby CARTMAG » Sat Jan 31, 2004 5:03 pm

unfortunatly they talk about the Wing pack.. but they dont actualy put any description to said pack anywhere in the book....
in the immortal words of Socraties "I drank what?"
August
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby August » Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:07 pm

The Laser rifle is indeed the Sha'Nar.

The Crystal Grenade is the Shard Grenade.

The Heavy rifle, Heavy cannon, strike laser, and wing pack were all pulled from the text because of an upcoming military project I have been putting together. I think I might manage an errata posted here if people would like. I'll have to pull out some stats that would just end up being teasers, but I don't mind.

-August
"This is a blanket apology to every god I can think of and all the ones I don't know. I have no idea what I did or in which life I did it, but I am really sorry. Ummm, my bad."
redlaco
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby redlaco » Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:29 pm

Please bring those stats in a special erratta, August !
That would be great and most welcome !
"Knowledge is what makes the difference between the world you want, and the world other people think you should have." -- JMS
ronbogard
Banded Mongoose

Postby ronbogard » Tue Feb 03, 2004 3:54 am

Mongoose August wrote:
I'll have to pull out some stats that would just end up being teasers, but I don't mind.
Tease me big boy. :P
CARTMAG
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby CARTMAG » Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:17 am

Tease away..... I would love too see that Special eratta..... O and any Teaser on this Military thing you where talkn about... .is this gona be a compelation for all Militarys in B5 or Just Minbari.. and Eratta me please August
in the immortal words of Socraties "I drank what?"
Dag'Nabbit
Greater Spotted Mongoose

me too!

Postby Dag'Nabbit » Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:01 pm

Ooh, Ooh! Me too, me too! Can I be errata'd too!
Yummmmm.....Flan! It's really just styrofoam. Tasty styrofoam, like twinkies, but somehow better for you.
Natxomann
Mongoose

About the Sha'Nar...

Postby Natxomann » Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:26 am

I have one question :
What this weapon really is? a laser or fusion (advanced charged plasma tech) one ?
The differences are really important to me , because I am working (intermittently) on a home rules supplement about the B5 weapons and armours , and their effects and characteristics , and as the "hard-scifi" fan that I am , I try to give the weapons the most realistic treatment .
Both Laser and fusion weapons are classified in my work as Directed Energy Weapons (DEW) , together with charged plasma (or simply plasma) and particle weapons , and their main characteristics are that the damage inflicted by them is reduced by distance , but also that their maximum range is limited by that factor , while PPGs and slug throwers have a maximum range of 10 times their basic range band .
As I said before , the distinction between laser and fusion weaponry is relatively important to me , because both are affected differently by weather conditions , so I would like to know what is the "official" posture of Mongoose on this .
The impossible can be made , it only takes a little bit of time and effort .
Lt Commander Jan Helder .
Natxomann
Mongoose

Postby Natxomann » Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:30 am

well , the question was about the Sha'Nar rifle , but for some reason it was deleted :oops:
The impossible can be made , it only takes a little bit of time and effort .
Lt Commander Jan Helder .
ronbogard
Banded Mongoose

Postby ronbogard » Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:28 am

[/b]Mongoose August wrote:
I'll have to pull out some stats that would just end up being teasers, but I don't mind.

Any new word on this august?