BLACK CONAN is back!

Discuss Mongoose RPGs here, such as the OGL rulebooks, Jeremiah, Armageddon 2089 and Macho Women with Guns
Taharqa
Mongoose

Re: BLACK CONAN is back!

Postby Taharqa » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:01 pm

René wrote:Sure, but maybe not from a BLACK perspective. Not only that IMARO is a black tribesman, the author C.R. Saunders is black, too, and was a strong sympathisant of the black emancipation movement of the 70s. He wrote IMARO as his contribution to a black F / SF -scene. And he did a lot of research: you'll notice this when reading. All the myths and stories and landscapes and even the language feel real. He e.g. doesn't say "black magic", but "mchawi", not "lion", but "Ngatun" etc.
Are you trying to make up for your signature? :)

Just kidding (sort of) - I have been very curious about these books but haven't had the time to track them down. Thanks for the info.
toothill man
Warlord Mongoose

Postby toothill man » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:15 pm

René wrote:Seems that the 1st book of the new edition is available. Enjoy the black Conan!
could we have a link please 8)
Everybody here paints himself red and eats monkeys
Flashman67
Shrew

Postby Flashman67 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:59 pm

I checked barnesandnoble.com and amazon, and both sites say there is a February 2006 release, but neither has a copy. Amazon had a picture of the cover art, though, and it looks really good! I'm looking forward to picking up a copy.
DasClay
Mongoose

Postby DasClay » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:15 pm

Well Thats great! Always wanted to read some of his works... never had the chance too.
René
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby René » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:16 pm

The ancient empires fall, the dark-skinned peoples fade and even the demons of antiquity gasp their last, but over all stands the Aryan barbarian, white-skinned, cold-eyed, dominant, the supreme figthing man of the earth. (REH, Wings in the night)
toothill man
Warlord Mongoose

Postby toothill man » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:43 pm

thanks again for the great link work rene 8)
Everybody here paints himself red and eats monkeys
Mark Dunder
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Mark Dunder » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:24 pm

Wow, after checking out the site on Imaro, I'm anticipating getting the book. In Conan, I never got a real good feeling for the cultures of the Black Kingdoms. Now it looks like that will no longer be a problem.
The practical reason for continuing our system is the same as the practical reason for continuing anything: It works satisfactorily.
- Starship Troopers -
http://talent.myfastforum.org
René
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby René » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:51 pm

Has someone read the new edition? And can maybe give some comments (even about the difference to the old edition)?

Thanks!
The ancient empires fall, the dark-skinned peoples fade and even the demons of antiquity gasp their last, but over all stands the Aryan barbarian, white-skinned, cold-eyed, dominant, the supreme figthing man of the earth. (REH, Wings in the night)
tuco
Weasel

Postby tuco » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:02 pm

It's looking like a release sometime this month now?
I'll varnish this floor with your brains!
René
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby René » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:14 am

It was announced for 02 / 2006. Seems there is a delay. :cry:
René
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby René » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:35 pm

Since Solomon Kane is announced, this may interest newer members of this forum, who don't already know about it...
Sutek
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby Sutek » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:40 pm

Awesome. I'm off to search Amazon now.

If only we could get re=prints of the Death Dealer books now... 8)
AE Errata Thread
"Occam's razor makes the cutting clean..."
The King
Cosmic Mongoose
Location: City of Wonders, Valusia (before the major cataclysm)

[Conan] BLACK CONAN is back!

Postby The King » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:50 pm

I'm digging out this thread (paraphrasing H.P. Lovecraft "That is not dead which can eternal lie")

The more recent books of Charles R. Saunders are mostly available though Lulu.
You can find the works of Saunders (with a link to order them) on his web page: http://www.reindeermotel.com/CHARLES/ch ... books.html
An American-style kitchen is a kitchen in the living room.
A French-style toilet has toilet in the living room.
My neighbours combine both styles.