Search found 2313 matches

by -Daniel-
Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:42 pm
Forum: Traveller
Topic: The Roman Imperium
Replies: 24
Views: 2493

Re: The Roman Imperium

phavoc wrote:You should take a look at the Renegade Legion universe.
I was just going to suggest the same thing as I was reading this thread.

Phavoc is right, I am sure parts of that game will interest you and give you ideas. :D
by -Daniel-
Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:02 pm
Forum: Traveller
Topic: Earth as a binary or a gas giant satellite
Replies: 3
Views: 521

Re: Earth as a binary or a gas giant satellite

I have often wondered whay the sky would look like if we had a larger moon or more than one moon. I do like when I see artwork that shows such sky shots. :D
by -Daniel-
Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:41 pm
Forum: Traveller
Topic: High Guard Non military?
Replies: 12
Views: 1595

Re: High Guard Non military?

I have very little interest in giant warships and zappy death star war thingies. I'm keen on more civilian ships such as those in Traders and Gunboats. Civilian stuff, police and small customs vessels are more what I need. So, is HG worth it or shall I keep my £ and wait for another later book? Any...
by -Daniel-
Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:35 pm
Forum: Traveller
Topic: Parallel Earths
Replies: 12
Views: 1428

Re: Parallel Earths

Reynard wrote:Which one features the Vargr conquering the galaxy then fall apart because it's too much work?
I love the idea of this one. :lol:
by -Daniel-
Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:42 am
Forum: Traveller
Topic: Adventures during character creation
Replies: 14
Views: 1711

Re: Adventures during character creation

Reynard wrote:Think about what it means to run a term of adventures.
Hum, what if the adventure were not the whole term but rather one event from their term?

I do agree that this would only work if the characters were alive and out in the world at the same time and at least in closely related careers. :D
by -Daniel-
Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:26 pm
Forum: Traveller
Topic: Small Craft firmpoint or fixed mount
Replies: 41
Views: 3010

Re: Small Craft firmpoint or fixed mount

phavoc wrote: Small craft spinal mounts don't make sense.
When you say Spinal Weapon on a Small Craft I keep seeing a space version of the A10. A craft built around the weapon not a weapon added to a craft. :lol:

Anyway, back to the discussion. :D
by -Daniel-
Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:22 pm
Forum: Traveller
Topic: Back after a mini hiatus - Questions?
Replies: 23
Views: 2593

Re: Back after a mini hiatus - Questions?

I cannot weigh in from a rules perspective because it was not really discussed, but probably assumed that you can add weapons later with the appropriate facilties. He didn't say add hard points after the fact, he said weapons. You are getting worked up about the wrong thing. Then I misunderstood yo...
by -Daniel-
Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:18 pm
Forum: Traveller
Topic: Parallel Earths
Replies: 12
Views: 1428

Re: Parallel Earths

I wonder how long it would take to play out visiting each of these earths. :mrgreen: Probably the same as any other planet. So in some cases we have played out just exploring a single planet across several game sessions. Note I said play it out not just in game travel. Even if you hit one earth per...
by -Daniel-
Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:04 pm
Forum: Traveller
Topic: Back after a mini hiatus - Questions?
Replies: 23
Views: 2593

Re: Back after a mini hiatus - Questions?

Yes, bu the statement was you could add the weapons after the fact. And it has always been the case. I have never interpreted it that way. Do you have a specific quote? Turrets: Weapons may be mounted in turrets emplaced on the hull. Turrets require only that a hardpoint be designated and created d...
by -Daniel-
Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:35 pm
Forum: Traveller
Topic: Parallel Earths
Replies: 12
Views: 1428

Re: Parallel Earths

I wonder how long it would take to play out visiting each of these earths. :mrgreen:
by -Daniel-
Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:31 pm
Forum: Traveller
Topic: Adventures during character creation
Replies: 14
Views: 1711

Re: Adventures during character creation

I found using the Mongoose 2e character development that each term became something like a mini adventure when dealing with the events and character connections. It occurred to me that character development could be a vehicle for more developed adventures. Has anyone actually had adventures for the...
by -Daniel-
Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:27 pm
Forum: Traveller
Topic: Colony ship
Replies: 36
Views: 3802

Re: Colony ship

What would you imagine the year 5628 AD being like if there was no FTL? What happens if we take this timeline and assume that by 2087 the Jump Drive was not invented, lets us further suppose that the Ancients didn't invent the Jump Drive either, the Vilani didn't have a jump drive, nor did the Zhod...
by -Daniel-
Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:19 pm
Forum: Traveller
Topic: Back after a mini hiatus - Questions?
Replies: 23
Views: 2593

Re: Back after a mini hiatus - Questions?

I cannot weigh in from a rules perspective because it was not really discussed, but probably assumed that you can add weapons later with the appropriate facilties. I would expect this to be the case. It seems like this has been the assumption in every version I have played. In CT a hardpoint was a ...
by -Daniel-
Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:55 pm
Forum: Traveller
Topic: Colony ship
Replies: 36
Views: 3802

Re: Colony ship

The Solar System of Traveller is relatively undeveloped, particularly the outer Solar System because the jump Drive came so soon. As a result of the Jump Drive appearing in the mid to late 21st century, the Planet Mars was not terraformed, people had no incentive to terraform planets, since they co...
by -Daniel-
Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:32 pm
Forum: Traveller
Topic: Back after a mini hiatus - Questions?
Replies: 23
Views: 2593

Re: Back after a mini hiatus - Questions?

I cannot weigh in from a rules perspective because it was not really discussed, but probably assumed that you can add weapons later with the appropriate facilties. I would expect this to be the case. It seems like this has been the assumption in every version I have played. :D In any case, it is ni...
by -Daniel-
Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:44 pm
Forum: Traveller
Topic: Finally: Traveller Trading Tool
Replies: 64
Views: 12724

Re: Finally: Traveller Trading Tool

So it is more of a "clear all" button then?
by -Daniel-
Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:42 pm
Forum: Traveller
Topic: Nebulosity and Dust Clouds
Replies: 10
Views: 1228

Re: Nebulosity and Dust Clouds

But I like the "Star Trek" Nebula better. :mrgreen:
by -Daniel-
Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:11 pm
Forum: Traveller
Topic: Colony ship
Replies: 36
Views: 3802

Re: Colony ship

According to the Traveller timeline, the jump Drive was discovered in the mid 21st century, that kind of prevented us from doing tings like terraforming Mars or building O'Neill Colonies. A more realistic timeline would have us spend centuries colonizing our own Solar System, and then we invent the...
by -Daniel-
Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:12 pm
Forum: Traveller
Topic: Colony ship
Replies: 36
Views: 3802

Re: Colony ship

When ever I think of a sleeper ship I think of this....

Image

I can't help it. I am one of the TV generation. :lol:
by -Daniel-
Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:04 pm
Forum: Traveller
Topic: 2300AD Release Schedule
Replies: 7
Views: 1146

Re: 2300AD Release Schedule

Hopeless wrote:Ducks in Traveller 2300?

Okay I know I'm reaching but given they do uplift animals what are the odds of ducks...
Image

:lol: