Search found 1337 matches

by Deleriad
Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:56 pm
Forum: Legend
Topic: Combat actions: the Be all and end all of all combat chars?
Replies: 39
Views: 9213

Re: Combat actions: the Be all and end all of all combat cha

It's not my idea, I've just seen versions of this floating around. As you say it adds a relatively large random element. Probably too large in this case. Then again it makes mini-maxing for CAs virtually impossible.
by Deleriad
Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:58 am
Forum: Legend
Topic: Combat actions: the Be all and end all of all combat chars?
Replies: 39
Views: 9213

Re: Combat actions: the Be all and end all of all combat cha

I thought about armor penalty having an impact on CA as opposed to initiative but can't figure how to make this balanced. Any thoughts or ideas? That occasionally gets mentioned as an idea. One way is to base the number of CAs on your actual Strike Rank. For example: 1 CA per 6 SR or fraction there...
by Deleriad
Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:20 pm
Forum: Legend
Topic: New GM Questions Cornucopia
Replies: 37
Views: 7012

Re: New GM Questions Cornucopia

What was the idea behind not making experience points a final reward for players? It is actually. What it does is that it reduces the rate of increase as skills improve. At 30% you have a 70% chance of gaining 2-5 points and a 30% chance of gaining 1 point. At 70% you have a 30% chance of gaining 2...
by Deleriad
Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:50 pm
Forum: Legend
Topic: Keeping Lore Mundane (But Still Useful)
Replies: 30
Views: 5801

Re: Keeping Lore Mundane (But Still Useful)

I agree with Bifford. Lore (horse) allows you to know things like the history of the horse breed, the potential health issues that horse might have, awareness that it tends (for example) to be bad tempered. It might also include the mythological status of the breed, knowledge about its susceptibilit...
by Deleriad
Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:13 pm
Forum: Legend
Topic: Spirit Combat Thoughts
Replies: 10
Views: 2731

Re: Spirit Combat Thoughts

In Legend by the rules, the answer is 4. Spirit combat is on the spirit plane so the combatants have discorporated. This is not always popular with groups so you can easily say 3. In option 3 I reckon you can portray what is happening as the spirit attacking the representation of a character on the ...
by Deleriad
Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:30 pm
Forum: Legend
Topic: Running Wraith Recon with Legend ?
Replies: 10
Views: 2483

Re: Running Wraith Recon with Legend ?

My only question is if I can generate a character with the core Legend rules and then equip her with the Wraith Recon equipment and use for an adventure...If that would make sense. I guess we ll have to see :) Simple answer: yes. Wraith Recon was adapted for MRQII by Pete Nash one of the authors of...
by Deleriad
Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:41 pm
Forum: Legend
Topic: Doing my bit to mess with sorcerers
Replies: 13
Views: 2713

Re: Doing my bit to mess with sorcerers

Ageing, I like that. Or for those who remember such things, gaining Twilight or "corruption" or mutations and some such. What might be fun is some sort of chart. "Uncontrolled magic and 0 Magic Points" something like d100 01-05 - magic dissipates (mostly) harmlessly. Caster ages 1 year and gains 2 l...
by Deleriad
Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:37 pm
Forum: Legend
Topic: Doing my bit to mess with sorcerers
Replies: 13
Views: 2713

Re: Doing my bit to mess with sorcerers

I agree that this is one of the neatest twists I've seen recently. Essentially it recasts Duration to mean "the duration that you can control the spell for." It's a nice thing to add into the toolbox of sorcery options. You can of course have lots of fun with the visual and so on effects of uncontro...
by Deleriad
Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:01 am
Forum: Legend
Topic: Doing my bit to mess with sorcerers
Replies: 13
Views: 2713

Re: Doing my bit to mess with sorcerers

Certainly a fun twist to add to a particular setting. Sort of represents that old trope about uncontrolled magic. If magic is a wild and unpredictable force then this works quite nicely. You could also have other triggers for losing control such as failing to cast a spell or rolling doubles when mak...
by Deleriad
Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:14 pm
Forum: Legend
Topic: MRQ Wiki - new
Replies: 124
Views: 49073

Re: MRQ Wiki - new

It's never really acquired any kind of critical mass. Shame really but as long as it stays up static or we get plenty of warning so I can archive the bits I would like then that's ok.
by Deleriad
Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:22 pm
Forum: Legend
Topic: Chargen Concession for Magicians and/or Courtiers
Replies: 15
Views: 1794

Chargen alternatives

My favourite semi random way is the big pile of dice. You roll all the dice at once and assign them. E.g. humans have 5*3D6 and 2*2D6+6 So you roll 19D6 and allocate them. Three each to the 3D6's and 2 each to the 2d6+6's. Most characters end up being the equivalent of just under 80 points but there...
by Deleriad
Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:44 pm
Forum: Legend
Topic: Re: The Spider God's Bride - Re-write DONE, FINISHED!
Replies: 209
Views: 23587

Re: The Spider God's Bride - Ongoing re-write (cults, gods e

Funny you should say that Deleriad :) I have just written a couple of things regarding the powers, including something similar to that. Cults These gods are capricious beings and their followers may well be working at odds to stymie the plans of a potential new High Priest or Adept, after all, who ...
by Deleriad
Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:06 pm
Forum: Legend
Topic: Re: The Spider God's Bride - Re-write DONE, FINISHED!
Replies: 209
Views: 23587

Re: The Spider God's Bride - Ongoing re-write (cults, gods e

I think this is all looking like a very good revisioning of SGB in Legend. I somewhat share Ranger Dan's concern about flashy heroic abilities but it does take a lot to acquire a Heroic Ability in addition to becoming a priest. Maybe it would be worth a paragraph spelling this out because players co...
by Deleriad
Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:43 pm
Forum: Legend
Topic: legend combat?
Replies: 24
Views: 3033

Re: legend combat?

The difference between the fast weapons and those which are larger and slower is reflected in the Combat Manoeuvres available to them - rapier training is likely to have Bypass Parry, Bypass Armour and Impale, as compared to, say, a war hammer's Bash Opponent or Stun Location. Agree with Alex here....
by Deleriad
Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:58 am
Forum: Legend
Topic: Re: The Spider God's Bride - Re-write DONE, FINISHED!
Replies: 209
Views: 23587

Re: The Spider God's Bride - Ongoing re-write/development th

I'll also re-work in those tiny black venemous scorpions. They will actually function like a weapon I think. Probably ranged since it mentions he likes to throw them. I won't have room to writeup a tiny scorpion monster, but I can certainly add in a text about using them against PCs. Way I would do...
by Deleriad
Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:34 am
Forum: Legend
Topic: Re: The Spider God's Bride - Re-write DONE, FINISHED!
Replies: 209
Views: 23587

Re: The Spider God's Bride - Redux

This is the first shot on the Keepers, bear in mind we're on the first adventure only and things are ramping up slowly. The Keepers are level 1 sorcerers in the original and they have several illusionary magics at their command. To this end I've given them slightly less in the way of combat skill, ...
by Deleriad
Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:42 pm
Forum: Legend
Topic: Re: The Spider God's Bride - Re-write DONE, FINISHED!
Replies: 209
Views: 23587

Re: The Spider God's Bride - Redux

So, the Necromancer's Knife. This looks like a good, solid conversion to me. Only technicality is that you can probably have a "city guard" combat style which has sword & javelin and maybe some other weapons in it. I don't know the original d20 stat block, but as a combatant he is poorer than most ...
by Deleriad
Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:10 pm
Forum: Legend
Topic: Re: The Spider God's Bride - Re-write DONE, FINISHED!
Replies: 209
Views: 23587

Re: The Spider God's Bride - Redux

Blood Boil Concentration, Resist (Resilience) In the darkest reaches of Xoth there are magic users who dare to perform evil rites; they call forth terrible magic in the name of their chosen gods and demons. With a single gesture they focus the malevolence of their concentrated will onto a target. T...
by Deleriad
Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:30 pm
Forum: Legend
Topic: The Spider God's Bride - PDF and Offer!
Replies: 67
Views: 8835

Re: The Spider God's Bride - PDF and Offer!

Quite right. When the book came to me it had also been through several other writers. In many cases I had to tear down what was there and rebuild it - there were no maps at all though, none. I think Matt will tell you it had a long history and almost a curse on it. I like to think I was crazy enoug...
by Deleriad
Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:54 pm
Forum: Legend
Topic: The Spider God's Bride - A Mini Review
Replies: 63
Views: 7736

Re: The Spider God's Bride - A Mini Review

If this stuff is irrelevant, then all you need to do is buy the original D20 book and convert it yourself. Indeed. If I am to buy a conversion the one thing that underlies everything else is a successful conversion. Sure I might tweak it in play to suit my taste - maybe add a spell or adjust some s...